Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2015, 01:02 AM   #16
kindlecracked
kindlecracked began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NoTouch Silver (2011) K4, K4S
I'm in the same boat as yascwartz - cracked screen, can't use the bottom 1/3 of the display, no experience jailbreaking or hacking a kindle. My device is with a 5-way controller.

Can anybody help how to implement this scroller?
kindlecracked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:12 AM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlecracked View Post
I'm in the same boat as yascwartz - cracked screen, can't use the bottom 1/3 of the display, no experience jailbreaking or hacking a kindle. My device is with a 5-way controller.

Can anybody help how to implement this scroller?
The first step is to determine what model Kindle you have.
Compare the first 4 characters of the Kindle's serial number with this chart:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2016, 03:40 PM   #18
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I did not look at your code yet, but the easiest way to rotate the screen sidways is just to shift the framebuffer copy a few bytes either way (up to a line width if needed) when rewriting to the framebuffer. Shifting multiples of the virtual line width (may be a little wider than what you see on the screen) obviously rotates the screen vertically. In other words, just use my code but do not multiply by the line width...

It will be interesting to see how simple (or complex) the final solution became in my absence...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 05:00 PM   #19
pcwizzy37
pcwizzy37 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Upper half of screen not functional.

Hi, my kindle 4 nt has a broken display contreller (there is a crack in the upper right controller under the bezel) no the top half of the screen does not work, how do I make the tool scroll vertically?
pcwizzy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:44 AM   #20
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
How can I use this kindlet to shift the screen to the right just a couple of pixels? (I don't know how many, maybe 2 or 3 is enough.)
Many thanks in advance.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert