Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
doctj
Enthusiast
doctj began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-950, HP Touchpad
Can I read a book and play mp3 simultaneously?

Hi
started visiting this forum after I bought a kobo reader, but dissatisfied with it's pdf capabilities or lack thereof. After research, appears as if the new sony readers handle pdf's well and I'm thinking of getting a sony 650. Although the mp3 capability is not a strong selling point for me I was wondering if the device multitasks allowing me to play an mp3 while reading an ebook. Thanks for any and all input.
doctj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to Mobileread, doctj.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Yes, you can; however, be aware that listening to mp3's uses power fast!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:53 AM   #4
TommyT
TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.TommyT could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony PRS-650
You can even change volume without stopping reading! And the sound quality is not bad at all.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
doctj
Enthusiast
doctj began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-950, HP Touchpad
Can I change tracks while reading a book or do I have to exit the reader application first?
doctj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert