Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #136
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPhone 4S and Kindle Paperwhite
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:06 PM   #137
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I do my ebook reading on a Kindle Paperwhite 2013 (1st gen). The Kobo Aura HD has caught my attention lately, but it's been around for a while so I'll try to wait for the new generation of ereaders to come out.
HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:37 PM   #138
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I have a Kobo Aura because I like the font customization, but just charged up my old Kindle Keyboard to use for a trial of the Kindle Unlimited subscription service.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:54 PM   #139
readerlover
Connoisseur
readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Sony PRS-300. I'm currently reading The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells and only have 135 more pages to go before I'm finished with it and add it to my 2014 Reading Challenge on Goodreads. Being able to read in the wind and not have the pages turn on me rocks!

Last edited by readerlover; 07-23-2014 at 12:51 AM. Reason: change currently reading book
readerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:22 PM   #140
bearymore
Zealot
bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Aura One
Kobo Aura HD. Previously I used a Nook Simple Touch, but the Aura HD is much nicer.
bearymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #141
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
My daughter's Kobo touch an artifact/blob appearing right in the middle of the screen.
It's pretty small so she can still easily reads ebooks on it, but it does present me with an opportunity to upgrade my Kobo glo and she could inherit it.

The problem is what to upgrade to?
I'm pretty happy with my Kobo Glo. Is there anything out there that's significantly better atm?

A first world problem I know!
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #142
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
My daughter's Kobo touch an artifact/blob appearing right in the middle of the screen.
It's pretty small so she can still easily reads ebooks on it, but it does present me with an opportunity to upgrade my Kobo glo and she could inherit it.

The problem is what to upgrade to?
I'm pretty happy with my Kobo Glo. Is there anything out there that's significantly better atm?

A first world problem I know!
A Kobo Aura or Kobo Aura HD? Lots of posters seem to like the HD.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:36 AM   #143
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithbw View Post
A Kobo Aura or Kobo Aura HD? Lots of posters seem to like the HD.
What's better about them over a Kobo Glo?
Old 07-23-2014, 12:46 AM   #144
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
A Nexus 7. I also have a K3 that I read in bed at night (I sleep better when the LED light isn't shining into my eyes right before sleep).
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:40 AM   #145
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
What's better about them over a Kobo Glo?
The difference between the Glo and the Aura is not huge. The Aura has a different design, more storage, same screen size.

The Aura HD on the other hand, has a larger, higher resolution screen, more storage than the Glo, and IMO is top of the line. Perfection. But perhaps not as portable, if you want to shove it in your purse and go somewhere. I don't take mine out of the house.

Note - the Aura is on sale @ Kobo right now, so now would be an excellent time to get one.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #146
delph
Tabby
delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini, Lenovo Yoga 2 10"
I mostly read on a Kobo Aura HD. I keep a Kobo Mini in my purse for when I'm out and about, and read manga on my Nexus 7 when I'm in the mood for that.
delph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:54 PM   #147
danskmacabre
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
The difference between the Glo and the Aura is not huge. The Aura has a different design, more storage, same screen size.

The Aura HD on the other hand, has a larger, higher resolution screen, more storage than the Glo, and IMO is top of the line. Perfection. But perhaps not as portable, if you want to shove it in your purse and go somewhere. I don't take mine out of the house.

Note - the Aura is on sale @ Kobo right now, so now would be an excellent time to get one.
I don't want a bigger ereader. Portability is important to me.

I might get an Aura, thanx
Old 07-25-2014, 02:56 AM   #148
upgraderr
upgraderr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire, Motorola XT615
Amazon kindle fire. E-ink is a creative skill, an great invention for protecting our eyes.
upgraderr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:11 AM   #149
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
The Kindle paperwhite 2 is my main reading device. I also have an iPad air, Samsung galaxy S5 and iPod touch 5th gen that I use for reading from time to time.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:32 PM   #150
ebooks4free
ebooks4free began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I am using my iPhone with the kindle app and the iBooks app.
ebooks4free is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-book reader