Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Something wrong with my nook battery?

I purchased a nook second hand here last week. I charged it fully on Saturday night, taking it off the charger Sunday morning. I played around with it for maybe 30 minutes after that, but left it in standby after that until last night. I have only side-loaded 2 books. I turned airplane mode on right away. I picked it up last night to mess with it at Barnes and Noble, and I was already at 80% battery. Read for about an hour there, messed around with the in-store Wi-Fi for a few minutes, and it's down to 76%. This seems awfully low for basically 1 hour of usage. BTW, I have the touchscreen timeout very low so I don't think that's causing anything. It seems like the standby is what killed it. 20% from a few days in standby seems absurd. Any thoughts?
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, K3, Fire, Nexus 7
That seems a bit quick but I'm not that surprised. My Nook battery drains surprisingly fast even in standby.

I wonder if just keeping the touchscreen active (so that it can respond to touch any time) but not lit drains a lot of battery.
ManosHandsOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
The battery life of the nook is it's major downfall. Unfortunately Quake--that's about what I experience. I seem to need to put my nook on the charger every four or five days whether I've been using it a lot or not.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Thanks for the answers guys. It was a bit shocking coming from the K3, that's all. Good to know it's not a problem with my battery.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, K3, Fire, Nexus 7
I moved from the Nook to the K3 and was pleasantly shocked.
ManosHandsOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 09:05 AM   #6
JuBear10
JuBear10 began at the beginning.

Device: Barnes & Noble Nook
The battery life on the nook improves over time. Be sure to charge it regularly at first, even before you get the low battery alert. It will last longer after just a few charges.
JuBear10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:14 AM   #7
Alilas
Text Transformer
Alilas began at the beginning.

Device: ivory PB360 and Nook Wifi
Comparing with Kindle and Pocketbook 360, Nook's battery drains uncomfortably fast. It would last only one day if I keep reading about 8 hours in a row.
Alilas is offline   Reply With Quote