Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
star
star began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, sony 350
Problems with PDF to Mobi conversion in Calibre (for my Kindle 3)

Hi,

I'm trying to convert PDF files to Mobi for my kindle. The problem is, when I convert them to calibre, the output looks like garbage.

For example, there will be spacing between each line of words, and it although I can read the words fine, they are all spaced out, and the page just looks like a disaster.

When I use mobi pocket creator to convert PDF to Mobi, it creates fairly good mobi files for use on my kindle, and they look just fine for the most part.

The problem is, I don't think you can batch convert with that, and I already have all my pdf eboosk categorized in Calibre, and I would rather just do the conversion in Calibre.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong in Calibre? I changed the output setting to Kindle, but I still get the messed up conversions.

Is there anything I can do to make the PDF to Mobi Conversion in Calibre produce good looking mobi files. The pdfs in question are just text files basically.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Is the file multi-column? Generally the only things I ever see spaced as you describe out are titles/chapter headings, haven't seen what you're describing for the text of typical novels. Open a bug with the file if you want it investigated.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert