Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 07:20 AM   #106
otichy
Connoisseur
otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Preventing screensaver

If you want to be able to prevent screensaver with a simple launchpad command, just unzip and copy this file to your launchpad folder.
P S command (= Shift,P,S sequence) then serves as a switcher.
Hey dsmid, you seem to have a great com.lab126 command for everything, thanks! Would you have something like that for changing font size and possibly for starting the browser?

Is there anywhere a documentation that lists these command?
otichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #107
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by otichy View Post
Hey dsmid, you seem to have a great com.lab126 command for everything, thanks! Would you have something like that for changing font size and possibly for starting the browser?
Unfortunately these things are deeply buried in obfuscated Java code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otichy View Post
Is there anywhere a documentation that lists these command?
I don't know about such document. The source is the best documentation anyway. Take a look at various scripts in your Kindle and learn as I do.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 04:04 AM   #108
Wild Rat
Wild Rat began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 WiFi+3G
how about a function, that would took the coordinates from the log file, and opens in the browser Google map with these coordinates?
Wild Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #109
Jeton
Enthusiast
Jeton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Unfortunately these things are deeply buried in obfuscated Java code.
I don't know about such document. The source is the best documentation anyway. Take a look at various scripts in your Kindle and learn as I do.
Is there anything you could do about the timer?
Could we have a timer for the Kindle so that it shuts down after a specified time?
We could activate this via Shift P S and then a timer when to shut it down (save battery life).
Jeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #110
cka3o4h1k
cka3o4h1k began at the beginning.

Device: KT
open books using launchpad

Possible to open some books using launchpad?

I search way to work with several books at one time and quick launch for priority books.

Example: some dictionaries, wikipedia, last-read books.
I think, it's very important feature for active learners, researchers etc
cka3o4h1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #111
flytomanish
flytomanish began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Unable to use Launchpad on kindle 3 wifi

Hi,

I have tried to use launchpad in kindle 3 wifi. I can see that the process is running, But i am unable to use it.

[root@kindle log]# ps -ef | grep launchpad
root 1462 1 0 19:08 ? 00:00:00 /mnt/us/launchpad/launchpad
root 22087 19797 0 22:12 pts/0 00:00:00 grep launchpad
[root@kindle log]#

on restarting i get the following in launchpad.log

[root@kindle launchpad]# cat launchpad.log
alarm: Unknown hotkey sequence entered:
--- Launchpad version 0.0.1c built on Feb 2 2011 03:19:26

Attempting to read key definitions from /mnt/us/launchpad/keydefs.ini
.. processing /mnt/us/launchpad/servicecmds.ini
.. processing /mnt/us/launchpad/launchpad.ini
*** action summary:
1: Shift Space = kill -HUP `pidof launchpad` &
2: Shift I = /mnt/us/launchpad/customupdate.sh
3: Shift S = powerd_test -p
4: Shift A = /etc/init.d/framework restart &
5: Shift C = kill -CONT `pidof cvm` &
6: Shift R = shutdown -r now &
7: Shift H = shutdown -h now &
[root@kindle launchpad]#

pressing any shortcut results in a search for that letter.
flytomanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #112
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 3
This is awesome - thanks. Using it with a few other programs. I'd like to use the shortcuts written about in this thread, but I am unsure how to create an ini file using them (my first preference) or how to go about entering them in the main ini file (I'd rather not mess with this - but will if I have to to make these shortcuts work).

The 'open browser' shortcut would be useful. Also a 'go to beginning' and 'go to end' shortcut in a book would be great too.

Thanks for this hack - it's becoming very useful. I especially like the 'rotate screen' hack which I use for my pdfs and some comics. Cheers!
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #113
Mario1up
Connoisseur
Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3/G
I'm a little confused as to what this program is entirely capable of. I see that it can condense many keystrokes into just a few. Is it capable of direct symbol injection? For example, I could make a shortcut definition to open the Sym menu, use the 5-way to get to the symbol I want and press the 5-way. Is it possible for launchpad to directly input that symbol instead of going through simulated keystrokes?
Mario1up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:48 AM   #114
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Mario1up, maybe physkeyb is what you're looking for:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=15
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119969
http://translate.google.com/translat...Fphyskeyb.html

Launchpad is more intended for launching internal commands (executables).
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #115
Mario1up
Connoisseur
Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3/G
Ah, that's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks very much, that's a great hack.
Mario1up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #116
rafa12321
rafa12321 began at the beginning.

Device: papyre
changing the page keys

Hi Everybody,

I wonder if it is possible to change with the laucher the page up, page down, keys....
The reason is that I have the fb reader, and i want to read it with page rotated to horizontal.
But te fb reader only allows 90 deg rotation, not 270 degrees. Therefore te page up / page down keys are in the lower part of the position, quite uncomfortable...

Maybe I could assign to another key the function of page up, page down.... Is that possible?

Thank you !!!
rafa12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #117
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa12321 View Post
Hi Everybody,

I wonder if it is possible to change with the laucher the page up, page down, keys....
The reason is that I have the fb reader, and i want to read it with page rotated to horizontal.
But te fb reader only allows 90 deg rotation, not 270 degrees. Therefore te page up / page down keys are in the lower part of the position, quite uncomfortable...

Maybe I could assign to another key the function of page up, page down.... Is that possible?

Thank you !!!
Nope. That's not what this does. Unless, you want to click Shift - Space or something every time you want to change the page.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 AM   #118
rafa12321

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
Nope. That's not what this does. Unless, you want to click Shift - Space or something every time you want to change the page.
mmm... not sure...
Anyway, how would it be done? how can I assign shift-space or something to change the page?

Thank you!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #119
FethryDuck
Addict
FethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle3, DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa12321 View Post
Hi Everybody,

Thank you !!!
This may not be a good answer, ..but - I made a change. Forgive me, as I don't remember the details. It should of course allow you to turn it any way you like. The limit is in the setup-menu. If you look around in the file system, you can find where your settings is stored. Now, enter 0,90,180,270 degrees as you like it. You may start it up again, go into the settings-menu and it will say what you stored in the file. You may turn it 90 degree from there as well. ( it may simply be that a counter only count to 2 instead of 4 states ) I hope this may be of help. I don't have the kindle here, - so I cannot tell you the name of the file and the entry to change. I am sure you can figure it out.
FethryDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #120
rafa12321

Quote:
Originally Posted by FethryDuck View Post
This may not be a good answer, ..but - I made a change. Forgive me, as I don't remember the details. It should of course allow you to turn it any way you like. The limit is in the setup-menu. If you look around in the file system, you can find where your settings is stored. Now, enter 0,90,180,270 degrees as you like it. You may start it up again, go into the settings-menu and it will say what you stored in the file. You may turn it 90 degree from there as well. ( it may simply be that a counter only count to 2 instead of 4 states ) I hope this may be of help. I don't have the kindle here, - so I cannot tell you the name of the file and the entry to change. I am sure you can figure it out.
Hey Fethry!! Thank you very much!!! Finally I could assign the key "Z" to "Pageup" by changing the keymap.xml file searching in the default directory....
But I could not find the file where you can input the 0, 90, 180, 270 degrees which is a cleaner solution....
If you could tell me about that file, I would really appreciate it....

Rafael