Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #31
otichy
Connoisseur
otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: KPW
Special Keys on Kindle 3

Hi,

Hope this is more worthwhile - it seems on K3 the special keys like K3_KEY_AA do not work.

L = #'K3_KEY_AA'

and similar type "k" or "K" into the search box instead of showing the appropriate menu. I would like to create a hotkey to turn the screen, but this makes it impossible, I'm afraid.

Thanks for help!
otichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:02 AM   #32
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: dxg, k3w,k4nt,kpw
Quote:
Originally Posted by otichy View Post
Hi,

Hope this is more worthwhile - it seems on K3 the special keys like K3_KEY_AA do not work.

L = #'K3_KEY_AA'
thank you for pointing to this. The correct default name for this key is k3_aA, so
Code:
L = #'k3_aA'
works. See below for builtin definitions of other K3-specific keys

Code:
	{ K3KEY_AA, "k3_aA" },		// 	190
	{ K3KEY_SYM, "k3_Sym" }, 		//	126
	{ K3KEY_HOME, "k3_Home" }, 	//	102
	{ K3KEY_BACK, "k3_Back" }, 	//	158

{ K3KEY_PGFWD, "k3_>" }, 	//	191
	{ K3KEY_LPGBCK, "lk3_<" }, 	//	193
	{ K3KEY_LPGFWD, "lk3_>" }, 	//	104

{ K3KEY_VPLUS, "VPlus" }, 		//	115
	{ K3KEY_VMINUS, "VMinus" }, 	//	114

{ K3KEY_FW_UP, "k3_FW_Up" }, 	//	103
	{ K3KEY_FW_DOWN, "k3_FW_Down" }, 	//	108
	{ K3KEY_FW_PRESS, "k3_FW_Press" } 	//	194
Note: custom key name definitions can be used any time -- just provide the
correct keydefs.ini file and restart the launchpad.

HTH,

h1uke
h1uke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #33
otichy
Connoisseur
otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: KPW
h1uke thanks!

Works for me now. One thing I wasn't able to implement though is a hotkey sequence to open the experimental browser from anywhere. Shouldn't this work?

B = #'k3_Home' 'Menu' 'k3_FW_Down' 'k3_FW_Down' 'k3_FW_Down' 'k3_FW_Down' 'k3_FW_Down' 'k3_FW_Down' 'k3_FW_Down' 'k3_FW_Press' 'k3_FW_Up' 'k3_FW_Press'

The best result I get is being left on the Experimental page, but often not even there. There seems to be a problem with timeouts or pauses between screens, as if the kindle sometimes didn't buffer the keystrokes...
otichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #34
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
I wanted to try this to install FBReader, but the installation procedure says:
Quote:
To install:
- unpack the attached lpad-pkg.zip archive on your desktop
- under lpad-pkg subdirectory, select the Kindle update package for your device model and copy it to your device under /mnt/us
- apply the standard Amazon Kindle update procedure
But where do I find /mnt/us?
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #35
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@WS64: It's the root directory when you plug your Kindle to a computer.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #36
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
But where do I find /mnt/us?
/mnt/us/ directory is, actually, the root user directory, as you see
it on your kindle when connected in a standard way.
It is visible as /mnt/us for those who use usbNetwork and ssh/telnet connection
to access their devices.

HTH,

h1uke
Old 11-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #37
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Thanks NiLuJe and h1uke!
I actually was afraid having to install the usbnetwork for this which I failed with once already.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #38
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Well, I thought of a good keyboard shortcut that I thought I would share:

Z = !dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1

That way, when I load stuff over SSH WiFi, I can press Shift+Z to rescan (Alt-Z only rescans the pictures directory)
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:42 AM   #39
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Touch, iPad1, iPad2, iPod Touch 4G, Pixel Qi
I want to make a shortcut for a browser. Does anyone succeed in launching a browser?
aruangra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:31 AM   #40
h1uke
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruangra View Post
Does anyone succeed in launching a browser?
Now it has a new InterKeyDelay option in [Settings] section of launchpad.ini .
This option specifies the number of millisicends to wait before sending the next simulated
keystroke. With the default value of 300ms the otichy's key sequence from his post above succeeds.
Just get the fresh archive at the top of this thread and try.

HTH,

h1uke
Old 11-21-2010, 06:43 AM   #41
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1uke View Post
Now it has a new InterKeyDelay option in [Settings] section of launchpad.ini .
This option specifies the number of millisicends to wait before sending the next simulated
keystroke. With the default value of 300ms the otichy's key sequence from his post above succeeds.
Just get the fresh archive at the top of this thread and try.

HTH,

h1uke
Thank you. I will try.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #42
aruangra
Connoisseur

I installed the new version but the lauchpad didn't work. Any command simply shows as texts in a search box.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #43
h1uke
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruangra View Post
I installed the new version but the lauchpad didn't work. Any command simply shows as texts in a search box.
I confirm that it didn't work due to a stupid typo. Sorry about that.
Please download the package again.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #44
Tvangeste
Enthusiast
Tvangeste began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
Well, I thought of a good keyboard shortcut that I thought I would share:
Z = !dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1
Ah, an excellent idea, thanks!
Tvangeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #45
aruangra
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1uke View Post
I confirm that it didn't work due to a stupid typo. Sorry about that.
Please download the package again.
It works now! Thanks.