Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #1
suzy
suzy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony psp 300
How to transfer from Sony Library to Calibre

Hi. When I first got my Sony PocketReader I bought an e book on Hazelden and (foolishly) downloaded it to my Sony library. Is there a way to now transfer it over to Calibre? Or is it locked in the prison of Sony (and Sony ereader products) forever more? Thanks.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:48 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Even though the books show up in the Sony Library the files are somewhere else. On my computer they are under:
owner / documents / my books / Reader Library

some of my ADE books are under:

owner / documents / my digital editions

you may have a different path, this is just the path mine are on. I haven't use calibre yet, maybe you just import the file?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2010, 03:41 AM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Locate the book (file search may be necessary), then use calibre's "import from a single folder" option to import it. Then you should be good to go.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #4
suzy
suzy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony psp 300
Got it! Thanks.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:31 AM   #5
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Now there's what I want: a shell extension, so I can just right-click on an ebook in the file manager and pick "import into calibre". (am I getting lazy?)
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2010, 03:40 AM   #6
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Now there's what I want: a shell extension, so I can just right-click on an ebook in the file manager and pick "import into calibre". (am I getting lazy?)
Yep
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:27 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
On windows, that should be relatively easy to do: Just go to folder properties->file types, select whatever ebook format you want, create a new action and fill in the correct calibre-db command.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:36 AM   #8
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Thanks, Worldwalker. That's handy info for me, too. I have several books in the Sony library (which I now never use) that I'd like to slip onto Calibre's virtual shelves. Here's karma to ya. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote