Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #27181
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
ADHD here. Coffee makes me sleepy. Tea helps me settle down without becoming catatonic.

Beer right now. Gotta love home brew.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #27182
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
People's Porter - from Winston-Salem, NC - Foothills Brewing (http://www.foothillsbrewing.com/index.html)

Very rich chocolate - combination of sweet caramel & bitter hops - yum!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #27183
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Water. Packed, well, for the most part.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #27184
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm late, I'm late for
A very important date.
No time to say hello, good-bye,
I'm late, I'm late, I'm late
I'm late and when I wave,
I lose the time I save.
My fuzzy ears and whiskers
Took me too mych time to shave.
I run and then I hop, hop, hop,
I wish that I could fly.
There's danger if I dare to
Stop and here's a reason why:
I'm over-due, I'm in a rabbit stew.
Can't even say good-bye,
hello, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi0wflxXKSE )

Good morning, everyone! Too much to do and not enough time to do it! I need to go back to work so I can have more free time! I'm drinking P.G.Tips tea this morning, more chugging than sipping, and off to get things done before the holiday traffic builds up!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #27185
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Finishing off a Coke Zero. The kids are both home, so I have larger and more frequent shopping trips. A Coke Zero seems like a reasonable reward!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2013, 01:42 AM   #27186
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Coffee in my cup and munching on some Sees dark chocolate molasses chips.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:00 AM   #27187
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

An unassuming, and inexpensive, Shiraz.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:10 AM   #27188
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Home again with an afternoon mug of East India Company's 'Assam tea.' A nice way to relax after a hectic day.

Stitchawl
Old 12-30-2013, 06:34 AM   #27189
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
When my son was small, we use to lock our luggage together when waiting, so it was harder for someone to take a piece, if we were not paying attention.

Another idea is to put your leg through the strap if you sit down. Then if anyone grabs them you should feel it.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #27190
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Thanks all!

Genmaicha in my cup. Long day at work (preserve as many vacation hours as possible) and then home to pack some diapers and get ready to go.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #27191
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Another idea is to put your leg through the strap if you sit down. Then if anyone grabs them you should feel it.
I have a small (the size of a cigarette package) motion sensor alarm that I use when traveling. Anyone moving one of my bags sets off a banshee's wail that can be heard across a football field! It operates on two AA size batteries, and sets with a 3-digit combination style lock. There is provision for adding a cable to it for expanded coverage. I think I paid about $15 for it from either Amazon or some other catalog house.

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 12-30-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #27192
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I have seen those. I might pick one up. Right now we are at a roller bag and two personal back packs. LM has his own small backpack with toys, books, blanket, and burp cloth in it. I just need to add diapers to the small roller bag and make sure that my iPad fits into my backpack which is operating as a diaper bag as well. Food, diapers, medicine, bandaids. Back up clothes for Mom and LM are in a special stuff sack in the roller bag.

So over thinking this but it is a 6 hour plane flight with an 18 month old. A well behaved, good natured 18 month old but one who is active and likes to move and throw stuff.

I have tylenol packed for the LM as well. Just in case. Hoping we can convince him to nap without a little help but I would rather be on the safe side, for everyones sake.

Oh and a bottle to fill with water for take off and landing, let him suck on that to help his ears.

So overthinking this
Old 12-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #27193
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Oolong. Packing for a New Years trip. We don't want to pay baggage fees so trying to get everything into carry ons.
Be aware that several airlines are now charging for carry-ons. One airline I know of in this side of the world is weighing carry-ons and charging by weight.

We flew on one small 8-seater to an island in the Philippines that weighed US, our checked bags, and our carry-ons, but that was to figure out gas consumption for the trip. There was no landing fee charged as we landed in the cow pasture of the Yulo-King ranch on Busuanga Island!

Stitchawl
Old 12-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #27194
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Ours is not charging for carry-ons, we checked. And we checked on the size of carry ons, which is why we moved from the backpack I had to the rolling bag. We know that fits the size requirement because we have used it before.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #27195
cromag

Fourth mug of tea.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?