Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-29-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
djloewen
Connoisseur
djloewen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
[Old Thread] How do I maually create a TOC for a .rtf?

I am using calibre to convert .rtf files, and I would like to create a Table of Contents for a collection of short stories (all contained in a single .rtf document), so that I can just click the name of a story and have it jump there. How do I do this? (for either .lrf or .epub, I don't care)
djloewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
henry
henry began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
You could just split the stories out, it's not the best solution I can imagine but it's what I find myself doing.
henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You have two solutions that should work. One is create the bookmarks in the RTF using Word and then save as HTML and use html2lrf to convert to LRF or take this RTF and load it int Book Designer and format from there adding in the ToC as you want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:27 AM   #4
yarr
yarr can extract oil from cheeseyarr can extract oil from cheeseyarr can extract oil from cheeseyarr can extract oil from cheeseyarr can extract oil from cheeseyarr can extract oil from cheeseyarr can extract oil from cheeseyarr can extract oil from cheeseyarr can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Another solution (very simple)

The third solution
yarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to MobileRead!

Moderator Notice
I know you mean well and I encourage you to help folks with your knowledge, but stop resurrecting ancient threads. The thread you are posting to is over 4 years old. Calibre has gone through Five Major revisions and over 200 minor version updates since this thread was created.

Additionally please do not spam multiple threads with the same answer, once is enough.

There was an Old Thread Warning below your reply window that you didn't see or chose to ignore. As a general rule necroposting should be avoided. When in doubt start a new thread.

Quote:
Old Thread Warning
Quote:
This thread is quite old and may contain outdated information. We recommend that you begin a new discussion if you like to talk about a similar topic. Of course, you may also proceed and reply here.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-13-2013 at 05:43 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert