Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-25-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
Grishenka
Grishenka began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
My virgin thread

Greetings!
I have finally eased myself into the 21st century. My old camera broke when I dropped it, so I replaced it with a digital. When that worked, I decided to try a kindle for my daily reading. Does anyone know how to download books from a source other than Amazon?.....every once in a while I get tired of their choices and would like to try something a little quirkier.
Ciao,
Greg
Grishenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Hello Grishenka and welcome to MobileRead

Here you will find many friendly and knowledgable people, not to mention a very excellent selection of books available for free, and yes, they work on your Kindle as well.

There is lot of information about downloading books to the Kindle from other sources than Amazon in this section of the forums:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=147
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Greg.

Select the Experimental Browser and point your Kindle to https://www.mobileread.com/mobiguide Accept the download and then go back to your home page. You'll have the MobileRead MobiPocket Download Guide as a new book on your Kindle. Browse through the many, many books described in the Guide and if you see one you'd like, you can download directly into the Kindle.

If you like science fictions and/or fantasy, check out all the free books available from Baen.com

Oh yes! Welcome to MobileRead. Post frequently. Tell us about the types of books that you read. Ask for recommendations. Join our monthly reading club. In December, we're going to read and discuss The Hound of the Baskervilles, which can be downloaded from right here in the MobileRead library.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Greg and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
Grishenka
Grishenka began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Many thanks, Elsi.
Your instructions were perfect and I now have a new source or books...the free part is so exciting!
Grishenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert