Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #91
Paul Levine
Connoisseur
Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Okay, I've got two more that are just out: one non-fiction, the other crime fiction ripped from the headlines:

"Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies" by Ben Macintyre" (for WWII buffs)

and

Linda Fairstein's "Night Watch" in which a hotel maid claims to have been assaulted by a powerful world leader. Yep, sounds familiar.

Paul Levine
Paul Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #92
stop__dreaming
Addict
stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Start of autumn and winter are my favourite seasons, so am looking forward to it

I believe Jeff Lindsay's next Dexter instalment is due out in early-December and I'm eagerly anticipating that!

Also, Casual Vacancy by J.K Rowling.
stop__dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #93
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard-boiled pat View Post
its been out in the uk since aug 26... sucks to be in north america lol
I've read it. It's pretty good, although the ending is a bit of a shocker, what happens at the end is......

Spoiler:
As if I'd do that But why did you read the spoiler?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #94
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Just picked up my copy of Mortality by Christopher Hitchens. Guess I'm technically no longer looking forward to it, but there you go.

holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #95
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Just picked up my copy of Mortality by Christopher Hitchens. Guess I'm technically no longer looking forward to it, but there you go.

I'll have to read that one.

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-05-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: snipped quoted big picture
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #96
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

I'll have to read that one.
Got it on my wish list. 'Zon may cut the price on that one when they can.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #97
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
I downloaded the sample earlier today and it's jumped to the head of my books to be read next list. Oddly enough, I learned of it in the Books They Couldn't Pay Me to Read: What About You? thread. I guess it's true that one person's meat is another person's book they couldn't be paid to read.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #98
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Will be looking forward to your review as I wait on the price to drop.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:09 AM   #99
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I'm looking forward to read "Waging Heavy Peace" by Neil Young this autumn.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #100
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist
hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo,kindle,supernova, playbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I've read it. It's pretty good, although the ending is a bit of a shocker, what happens at the end is......

Spoiler:
As if I'd do that But why did you read the spoiler?
just finished it. was okay, not one of his best.
hard-boiled pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:27 AM   #101
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm looking forward to "last to die" By Tess Gerritsen. The Dutch translation comes out on 10-30-2012. So, for us it's a fall-book. I can read English just as good, but I already have all the other books in the series in Dutch. So I'll be waiting.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #102
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
The twelve by Justin Cronin
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote