Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #271
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Hey Alan,

You know I love Boomerang, but have you got anything new coming SOON
First, thank you for supporting Boomerang. Wish there were a couple hundred thousand more like you! Then bothersome things like earning a living wouldn't keep getting in the way of finishing the next one. But I've nothing to complain about there, I've found more readers than I ever thought possible when I unleashed it on an innocent and unsuspecting reading public. Just not enough to finance much more than a modest lunch or two each month.

I know, I'm slow. Nobody regrets that more than I do. About the only thing I have been able to do to increase my writing time is reducing the amount of time I spend on forums. All of that time, which averages about half an hour a day, goes to writing.

So I am working on it. And I promise that I am trying to make it really, really good. And I'm really, really picky.

And in case I haven't mentioned it often enough, I truly, truly appreciate being urged to get on with it.

Thank you, Kevin.

Alan

Last edited by plumboz; 01-11-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: make it clearer
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:46 AM   #272
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
No complaints from me Alan ... Just wishful thinking ... and hoping for more doggy involvement in the plot too ... Just to keep the wife quiet LOL !

When finally there is a new one to read ... I'll be buying it same day!

Thanks and Best Wishes,

Regards
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:55 AM   #273
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Well, I'm complaining. I think we should all band together and hold you hostage in an abandoned warehouse somewhere until the sequel is finished!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #274
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Well, I'm complaining. I think we should all band together and hold you hostage in an abandoned warehouse somewhere until the sequel is finished!

No objection from me. As long as somehow the mortgage gets paid and the family has some funds for groceries!

Thanks, gentlemen.

Now I'm off to do some word processing.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #275
plumboz
Novelist

If you haven't checked out Boomerang yet, please accept my invitation to do so.

If you have, please accept my thanks.

Here is the link to Boomerang Headquarters where you can find lots of reviews (I've even included the Not So Great Ones), news bits, sample chapters and links to the places where Boomerang can be gotten.

http://boomerangbyalanhutcheson.blogspot.com
Old 01-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #276
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Alan, I'm looking forward to your next book too.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #277
plumboz
Novelist

Thanks, Pomtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
Alan, I'm looking forward to your next book too.
Thank you! I have sent off a goodly portion of it to be looked over by a pro. One becomes a bit disenchanted with ones own stuff after living with it for a long time and it is difficult to see the forest for the damned words, if you know what I mean. So, progress is being made, and I really appreciate your kind words!

Best,
Alan
Old 02-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #278
plumboz
Novelist

I wanted to pass on the fact that Boomerang is now available in the Kindle Lending Library for Amazon Prime members to read for free.

Still just $0.99 to purchase.

Thanks!
Alan
Old 02-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #279
plumboz
Novelist

Thank You to the over 8,200 folks who have added Boomerang to their e-libraries so far this month.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #280
plumboz
Novelist

The official list price of Boomerang is now $2.99, but Amazon is holding fast at the old $0.99 price*. And of course, Amazon Prime members can read it for free!

Update Feb 24. Just received confirmation from Amazon KDP folks that they have finally confirmed that no other retailer is selling for $0.99, so they will update the price within a "couple of days".

Last edited by plumboz; 02-24-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #281
plumboz
Novelist

Today is the Last Ever free promo day for Boomerang on Amazon.

Best to all,
Alan
Old 02-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #282
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
One day I'm going to click on this thread to find the sequel has been published. That day can't come too soon. Well, it could, but I trust you not to release it before it's ready. I just hope you're not waiting until it's perfect, because that day never comes for any novel.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #283
plumboz
Novelist

Hi WT,

I do suffer from perfectionitis, although I'm sure some folks would argue the symptoms don't reveal themselves in my writing. The WIP is moving along faster than it has in some time and I hope it will see the light of day in the next three months. After that work will begin again in earnest on the follow up to Boomerang. Unfortunately I put that on the backburner when Boomerang didn't exactly sprint away from the starting block or even canter blithely approaching the first turn!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #284
plumboz
Novelist

A nice review that just appeared on Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and suspenseful...a really good book!, March 10, 2012
By
YoAdrien - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)
I had trouble making sense of this book at first as all the different characters and places didn't seem to have anything in common. I'm so glad I kept on reading because everything suddenly meshed and I was in for quite a ride. The author is quite gifted in his use of the written word in painting a picture of people, places, things, emotions and events in such a way that as a reader enabled me to see it all in my mind's eye. There aren't many books that can literally make me laugh out loud but this one did, and more than once. It is full of suspense and hilarity with a good plot and subplots...definitely worth reading!
Old 03-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #285
plumboz
Novelist

I have been fortunate to be able to share a lot of very favorable reviews. Well, the latest one wasn't so hot. And yet for some reason it actually seemed to validate my identity as a writer even more. No writer pleases every reader, nor should we try to. Although it is a bit of a bummer that this not so hot review comes from someone who calls herself "Granny"!

2.0 out of 5 stars Boomerang, March 18, 2012
By
Granny - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)
I hung on till the very end because many reviewers stated the book got much better. I did not find that there was vast improvement. There were so many characters it was very hard to follow and to remember what exactly they were doing here in the first place. The last few pages were the best in the book.

Tags
amazon, barnes and noble, boomerang, comic novel, smashwords