Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #61
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Anyone knows a command to turn off kindle wireless? It's probelty a lipc command.

NVM, found it:

"lipc-get-prop com.lab126.wan powerState" shows the power status
0 = off
1 = on
3 = powering on
4 = powering off
(there might be more, but those are the ones I saw)
"lipc-set-prop com.lab126.wan startWan 1" starts wireless
"lipc-set-prop com.lab126.wan stopWan 1" stops wireless

Code:
if [ `lipc-get-prop com.lab126.wan powerState` -ne 1 ]; then
        lipc-set-prop com.lab126.wan startWan 1
else
        lipc-set-prop com.lab126.wan stopWan 1
fi
This is a short script to stop/start the wan depending if it was on or off when you ran it. The only weird thing is that the status bar/framework doesn't update to the wan status. There should be another lipc command to do so.

Last edited by yifanlu; 12-26-2010 at 10:37 PM.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:31 PM   #62
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Cool, but why would you want to do this when you could just set a hotkey string

Open Menu, Up on Five Way, Press Five Way

Plus, that'll take care of the top bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
Anyone knows a command to turn off kindle wireless? It's probelty a lipc command.

NVM, found it:

"lipc-get-prop com.lab126.wan powerState" shows the power status
0 = off
1 = on
3 = powering on
4 = powering off
(there might be more, but those are the ones I saw)
"lipc-set-prop com.lab126.wan startWan 1" starts wireless
"lipc-set-prop com.lab126.wan stopWan 1" stops wireless

Code:
if [ `lipc-get-prop com.lab126.wan powerState` -ne 1 ]; then
        lipc-set-prop com.lab126.wan startWan 1
else
        lipc-set-prop com.lab126.wan stopWan 1
fi
This is a short script to stop/start the wan depending if it was on or off when you ran it. The only weird thing is that the status bar/framework doesn't update to the wan status. There should be another lipc command to do so.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:53 AM   #63
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
Cool, but why would you want to do this when you could just set a hotkey string

Open Menu, Up on Five Way, Press Five Way

Plus, that'll take care of the top bar.
That won't work on all areas, would it?
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:06 AM   #64
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
That won't work on all areas, would it?
Well, I guess not in active content.. but it would work in books, the home page, the browser, and many other pages. If you want to make it work on all things:

Home -> Menu -> FW Up -> FW Click -> Back

That'd be a foolproof way if you want it to work on everything. It'd just be slower.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:12 AM   #65
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
I keep getting an Error 3 - I have a K3 3G (UK [B00A]) and so am putting update_launchpad_0.0.1a_k3gb_install.bin in the root of my Kindle and reseting. Is this right?

Jailbroken ages ago so no issue there
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:15 AM   #66
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I keep getting an Error 3 - I have a K3 3G (UK [B00A]) and so am putting update_launchpad_0.0.1a_k3gb_install.bin in the root of my Kindle and reseting. Is this right?

Jailbroken ages ago so no issue there
Old 01-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #67
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: dxg, k3w,k4nt,kpw
Quote:
Originally Posted by captkjaneway View Post
I keep getting an Error 3
are you sure you're clicking the right menu entry? Some sources report
that clicking "reboot" instead of "update" can cause this behavior.

HTH,

h1uke
h1uke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #68
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1uke View Post
are you sure you're clicking the right menu entry? Some sources report
that clicking "reboot" instead of "update" can cause this behavior.

HTH,

h1uke
Will try again tonight - thank you.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:34 AM   #69
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!

Thanks - all sorted
Old 01-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #70
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
I seem to be missing something. I can't seem to get it to install in my new Kindle 3 (ver 3.0.2 (553210206)). Here's what I tried:

Downloaded lpad-pkg.tar.gz and launchpad.tar.gz to my Debian Linux box.

opened lpad-pkg.tar.gz and copied lpad-pkg/update_launchpad_0.0.1a_k3w_install.bin to the root of the kindle ( on my machine it's /media/kindle/ )

On the Kindle, I go to home->menu->settings->menu->update your kindle, select it, select OK and the update progress bar proceeds to about 15 - 20% and then "update failed" and it reboots.

Am I supposed to do something with launchpad.tar.gz as well?

What am I missing?
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:19 AM   #71
h1uke
Zealot
h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.h1uke can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: dxg, k3w,k4nt,kpw
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
What am I missing?
install jailbreak first. Nothing can be installed on Kindle without it.
h1uke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #72
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1uke View Post
install jailbreak first. Nothing can be installed on Kindle without it.
Well, DOH! I missed that thread entirely.

Thanks!
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #73
kranu
I <3 my Kindle

On the K3 (not sure about previous models), you can avoid opening the Sym menu and instead use Alt-Q=1, Alt-W=2. If you would implement that, it would make typing in numbers a lot faster =)
Old 02-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #74
Smarter
Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Smarter can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle 3 with 3G, UK version
Quote:
lipc-get-prop com.lab126.wan powerState" shows the power status
How did you find that? Is there a way to get a list of the properties?
Smarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:46 AM   #75
starworld
starworld began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
thanks for your great work

sorry for my silly question, where should I unzip lpad-pkg-xxx.zip, somewhere means any place in kindle directory?

- unpack the attached lpad-pkg-xxx.zip archive somewhere
- select the Kindle update package for your device model and copy it to your device under user root directory [/mnt/us]
- apply the standard Amazon Kindle update procedure
starworld is offline   Reply With Quote