Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
AndrewBS
AndrewBS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
$1.99 (or free PDF) - 'Home of Angels', a story of war, love, angels, and God

Hi -

Here's another novel under two bucks (or free, if you want to download in PDF or DOC)...

'Home of Angels' is a story about Marines, ghosts, and second chances. It's the story of Scott Everton, a Vietnam veteran who lost his sobriety and family after the war, and Jose Ruiz, an Iraq war veteran who is killed in a car accident just after he's reconciled with his ex-wife. When Scott inadvertently wreck's Jose's roadside memorial cross, he open a door that allows Jose to step across the boundary between this world and the next. Jose's still a soldier, with a mission to help Scott climb out of the bottle he's been living in, even when it seems like God is playing Whack-a-Mole with his life.

Scott heeds the message from a ghostly brother Marine, and takes another chance on The World. The only problem is that he falls in love - with Jose's widow.

I wrote 'Home of Angels' because it's the kind of book I wanted to read - characters I want to spend time with, a good plot, and an absence of gratuitous sex, violence, and profanity. (Note that I said 'gratuitous', not 'no'...we're talking about Marines here!)

You can buy it on Kindle for $1.99 [[ASIN:B002V1H1VW Home of Angels]] (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002V1H1VW)

It's also available on Smashwords (http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/5357)

If you'd like a free download of the whole thing, visit my website at (www.home-of-angels.com).

(I'd rather you buy it, but hey - if you read it and enjoy the thing, that's cool.)

Cheers -

Andrew Schmeisser
AndrewBS is offline   Reply With Quote