Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #166
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Thanks CapM, I will use that and move my isbn's and then run the script to see if my isbn matches.

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #167
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Thanks CapM, I will use that and move my isbn's and then run the script to see if my isbn matches.
Which reminds me ... when I was messing around with this I did something like this:

Create 3 custom columns:
#oldisbn
#newisbn
#isbncompare -- a column built from other columns, sort/search by Yes/No
{#isbncompare:'strcmp(field('#oldisbn'), field('#newisbn'), 'No', 'Yes', 'No')'}

Save the existing isbn to #oldisbn
Clear isbn
Run Extract ISBN
Copy the new isbn to #newisbn

browse and observe ...
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #168
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnm View Post

And to clear the isbn, as above but:
Search for = .
Destination Field = Identifiers
Identifier type = isbn (here it's not a drop down, but it still works)
I am not sure I understand this part, what do I put in the Replace with field??
Old 06-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #169
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I am not sure I understand this part, what do I put in the Replace with field??
Nothing.

Put a period in the Search for field, and leave the Replace with field blank.

Edit:
Or maybe a space, but I'm pretty sure leaving it empty works.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #170
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
I got an interesting one:

First page of the book:

Code:
M.Y.T.H. Inc. Link – Myth 07
By Robert Asprin
1 Another Fine Myth 0-441-02362-2 1978 Ace
2 Myth Conceptions 0-441-55521-7 1980 Ace
3 Myth Directions 0-441-55529-2 1982 Ace
4 Hit or Myth 0-441-33851-8 1983 Ace
5 Myth-ing Persons 0-441-55276-5 1984 Ace
6 Little Myth Marker 0-441-48499-9 1985 Ace
--->M.Y.T.H. Inc. Link 0-441-55277-3 1986 Ace
8 Myth-nomers & Im-pervections 0-441-55279-X 1987 Ace
9 M.Y.T.H. Inc. in Action 0-441-55282-X 1990 Ace
10 Sweet Myth-tery of Life 0-441-00194-7 1994 Ace
11 Something M.Y.T.H. Inc. Not yet released ? Ace
This is taken from book number 7.
If you would process it automatically, the way to go would be to look for the title on the same row as the isbn.

This could be done in case you finde more than one isbn.
At this moment, this is the first book (series) I found with this kind of identification. Don't know if anyone else has seen it before?
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #171
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Thanks the period worked.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #172
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

And then there it is, a second series:

Code:
#01: The Vanishings ISBN 0-8423-2193-4
Page 64
#02: Second Chance ISBN 0-8423-2194-2
#03: Through the Flames ISBN 0-8423-2195-0
#04: Facing the Future ISBN 0-8423-2196-9
#05: Nicolae High ISBN 0-8423-4325-3
#06: The Underground ISBN 0-8423-4326-1
#07: Busted! ISBN 0-8423-4327-X
#08: Death Strike ISBN 0-8423-4328-8
#09: The Search ISBN 0-8423-4329-6
#10: On The Run ISBN 0-8423-4330-X
Old 06-25-2011, 05:20 AM   #173
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@drMerry - you are dreaming if you think this plugin is going to ever attempt to detect that situation. Remember this plugin was changed to not even attempt to match the single "ISBN" type prefix due to all the ambiguities, they are far worse trying to match on title.

Consider this the same situation as a publisher advertising another book inside - the plugin can never detect that nor will it attempt to. "Most of the time" it will get things right, and sometimes in situations like this it won't, such is life.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:44 AM   #174
drMerry
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@drMerry - you are dreaming if you think this plugin is going to ever attempt to detect that situation.
I love dreaming
At this moment I'm not very active on the forum. So I do not know what you are working on at all.
This was just something I found and thought you might want to have it on a wish list for some time. (I found more books that where not right indexed, but this is one version that has a possibility to be solved computer based.)

I think most new functions on this plugin will be 'extended search'. Or, how to chose the most likley right isbn number if more ar found.
That's why I mentioned it.

Maybe, someday I will try to build some of that functions. But for now I fully understand that/why you are not implementing this function.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #175
capnm
Groupie

Hi kiwidude!
I'm breaking things again ...

Code:
calibre, version 0.8.7
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>NameError</b>:global name 'question_dialog' is not defined

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\message_box.py", line 199, in do_proceed
  File "calibre_plugins.extract_isbn.action", line 130, in _check_proceed_with_extracted_isbns
NameError: global name 'question_dialog' is not defined
I think this was supposed to be the warning/question box about how I had changed metadata after the operation started.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #176
drMerry
Addict

I found a new option.
If there is no isbn available, but you can find a 9-digit number, it is possible this is a pre-isbn. A sbn-number.
Adding a 0 in front of this number creates a valid isbn-number.

Quote:
The original standard book number (SBN) had no group identifier, but affixing a zero (0) as prefix to a 9-digit SBN creates a valid 10-digit ISBN. Group identifiers form a prefix code; compare with country calling codes.
WIKI-isbn

E.g. in my library:
DT book used for version 1.1 reference: SBN 4260 5012 6

To get a valid isbn add 0: 04260 5012 6

Last edited by drMerry; 06-27-2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Added example
Old 07-01-2011, 10:09 PM   #177
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.3.7 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix bug of question dialog when metadata has changed not being displayed

Thanks @capnm for reporting this.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #178
drMerry
Addict

There is a variant on the sbn version:
sbn: 345-24366-8-150
gives a valid isbn by adding a 0 in front and removing the last numbers to gain a 10 digit number
0345-24366-8
Old 07-03-2011, 06:47 PM   #179
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@drMerry - I don't want to do that because it increases further the likelihood of false ISBNs. Perhaps it is a specific publisher or country specific thing, but I haven't (knowingly) come across any books yet that fall into that scenario. Supporting such an edge case is only going to weaken the match quality for the majority of cases.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #180
drMerry
Addict

Well, at the moment I have about 1000 books having no isbn but do have a sbn.
So I think there will be more people having it.

When I manually add the sbn as isbn, I often get a match downloading the metadata so it could be a nice option.