Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like kids (under 5 years old)?
I love 'em 38 35.85%
They ok 33 31.13%
I love them most when they're sleeping 18 16.98%
They're too noisy, demanding and/or self-centered 36 33.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #16
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Yeah, Grandparents are evil They take your kids, fill them up with sugar, let them do anything they like - and when they've spoiled them completely they bring them back home Ok, they are Grandparents - it's in the job description....
Sugar does nothing to biochemically make children "hyper".

Telling them that when they eat sugar, they will be hyper and/or letting them misbehave more after eating sugar, will however indubitably cause them to try to fulfill apparent expectations.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #17
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne;
Yeah, Grandparents are evil They take your kids, fill them up with sugar, let them do anything they like - and when they've spoiled them completely they bring them back home Ok, they are Grandparents - it's in the job description....
Yea! it's great when you are - it's only then that you can really appreciate them, spoil them, annoy your own kids & give them back when you grow tired, as all old people do - My parents did to to me & my wife & I hated them at the time now I understand - as you will

Enjoy them whilst you can!
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #18
sdmama
Enthusiast
sdmama doesn't littersdmama doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader 505 and 700 and Kindle 2
I love mine. I'm not sure how I feel about yours.

I do agree that having kids cuts into the reading time. Before having kids, I read three novels a week. Now I read about two a month if I'm lucky. Of course if I didn't have kids I would have never been introduced to the very funny Junie B. Jones.
sdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:01 PM   #19
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
Sugar does nothing to biochemically make children "hyper".

Telling them that when they eat sugar, they will be hyper and/or letting them misbehave more after eating sugar, will however indubitably cause them to try to fulfill apparent expectations.

- Ahi
Oh, I wasn't stating sugar would make kids hyper. And it's perfectly ok that Grandparents give their grandkids chocolate, and cookies, and sweets - don't get me wrong I would never forbid the Grandparents to do this. It's exactly the way it should be. They love it, the Grandparents love it - what more can you expect...
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #20
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Grandparent job description:

1. Spoil them rotten
2. Get them sticky
3. send them home
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #21
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Until my nephew was born (he's 12), I fell into the "don't like children" category. I think that was primarily because I had very little contact with children and they were usually grumpy, fidgety, or screaming during the encounter (and the parents weren't too happy either). Now I'm in the "they're ok" category. I have to admit that it is flattering when my friends' kids are happy to see me.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:09 PM   #22
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Well ... Grandkids are ok. 'Specially when you send them home; SPOILED!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:09 PM   #23
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk;
Grandparent job description:

1. Spoil them rotten
2. Get them sticky
3. send them home
He He He - not even close
Old 06-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #24
columbus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer;
Until my nephew was born (he's 12), I fell into the "don't like children" category. I think that was primarily because I had very little contact with children and they were usually grumpy, fidgety, or screaming during the encounter (and the parents weren't too happy either). Now I'm in the "they're ok" category. I have to admit that it is flattering when my friends' kids are happy to see me.

Dreamer
It is even more satisfying when your grand kids and their parents are happy to see you - makes life worthwhile
Old 06-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #25
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I love them when they've been barbecued at 250 degrees for about 3 hours. Yum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceili View Post
Yes!*
*with salt and vinegar and then, only in small batches

And now, Ladies and Gentleman, I present the above as evidence that it is, indeed, Cannabalism Friday once again!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #26
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
And now, Ladies and Gentleman, I present the above as evidence that it is, indeed, Cannabalism Friday once again!
Well, of course. This the third Friday in June, after all.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #27
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
the last friday before this weekend....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #28
columbus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal;
Knew someone would quote the " Yes with thick brown sauce joke" - philistines!!!

Otters are great wrapped in clay & placed on the Bar be que. Peeling the clay removes the spines and they are delicious!!!! Joke! Joke!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #29
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'm childFREE, not childless. By choice.

Wouldn't have my life any other way.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #30
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
the very best is when the grandkid lives two doors down.

I'm closer to my granddaughter than I was to my kids.....probably because I don't have the responsiblity of raising her. I don't have to worry about bathtime, homework, chores, school. Altho, I do volunteer in her class, so she gets no slack cut there.

Its just nice to have her come over and have fun........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote