Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
madmary
madmary doesn't littermadmary doesn't litter

Device: Sony e-reader
Recharging: bookmarks etc lost

I have twice charged up the ereader and on both occasions found that the bookmarks and history are gone! Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Mary
madmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Well, that's not usual, at least...

How are you charging it? USB? How low is the battery when you do charge it?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #3
madmary

The battery was very low when I charged my book using the wall charger, but not particularly low when I charged with USB about one bar down. I was just charging to top up.

Mary
Old 06-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
I wanted to know how to delete the bookmarks?

My bookmarks disappear only when I delete a book.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #5
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
If you go to a book's menu (from the page you are reading press the menu button or select the book in a list) you can go to Utilities and use the Remove all Bookmarks option - this removes all the bookmarks from a book.

To remove just one, go to the bookmarked page and press the bookmark button again to remove it.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth1304 View Post
If you go to a book's menu (from the page you are reading press the menu button or select the book in a list) you can go to Utilities and use the Remove all Bookmarks option - this removes all the bookmarks from a book.

To remove just one, go to the bookmarked page and press the bookmark button again to remove it.
Thanks!
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:10 AM   #7
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmary View Post
The battery was very low when I charged my book using the wall charger, but not particularly low when I charged with USB about one bar down. I was just charging to top up.

Mary
Is it reseting/rebooting when you connect the USB cable, as that's the only reason I can think of that might cause it to lose that info?

If so, maybe try a "Settings/Advanced/Format Internal Memory" (from memory, so probably not completely!) but save any content on the reader first.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #8
madmary

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Is it reseting/rebooting when you connect the USB cable, as that's the only reason I can think of that might cause it to lose that info?

If so, maybe try a "Settings/Advanced/Format Internal Memory" (from memory, so probably not completely!) but save any content on the reader first.
I think you may be right. I'll have a go at that.

Mary