Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
badspell68
Scifi is a Digital World
badspell68 doesn't litterbadspell68 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
PRS 500 and rtf files

Can a prs-500 read rtf files? I loaded one and it does not show in my book list. Only txt and pdf.
badspell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by badspell68 View Post
Can a prs-500 read rtf files? I loaded one and it does not show in my book list. Only txt and pdf.
Yes.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
badspell68
Scifi is a Digital World
badspell68 doesn't litterbadspell68 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
I'm making them with MS word...any problems with that?
badspell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by badspell68 View Post
I'm making them with MS word...any problems with that?
Perhaps layout wise, yes... but generally no, you should see the .rtf files on your device. Are you sure it was finished transfering before you disconnected it from the PC?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Yes, the PRS500 will definitely read rtf files. It will also read MS Word files, though it translates them into rtf automatically.
Perhaps the file is not showing up because the metadata isn't accurate. Find the rtf file. Right-click on it. Choose 'properties.' Then make sure that the author and title are correct. Amend if necessary.
Then go to the sony software (Connect or ebook library), click on 'file' and select 'import files.' Follow the instructions to import your rtf file.
This has always worked for me.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2008, 09:26 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem I think is that the metatdata is not set and thus while it's there someplace on the reader, it's not showing as you might expect.

In Word (I have 2003) load the RTF file. Then from the file menu select properites and put in the Title and Author. Save it and then follow Patricia's directions in the above message.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote