Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 10-19-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
In the words of Shakesphere..

Where for art-thou V2?

??? - anyone - ???
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:21 PM   #2
THJahar
Zealot
THJahar is on a distinguished road

Device: Jinke V2 Prototype
well my second V2 is on it's way back to jinke.
From what I can see the software is still quiet a way from being complete (atleast the version on mine was, which my be a few releases behind their current development level)
I did have fun with the pen controlled pdf pan and zoom, but small things like bookmarking, mp3 player and configuration options weren't ready.
What I was impressed with though was the speed of the page turns. Which compared to the videos of both the Iliad and the Sony seem alot faster.
The battery life is OK ...not as good as the sony but better than the Iliad.
But as I've said before since it uses a removable Nokia phone battery (other manufacturers should take note!!) I have dozens of ways to recharge so as long as i get a reasonable 10-12 hours i'm happy.
But you are right...Jinke need to compete with the Sony, The device should have been on the market pre-christmas I don't think a launch in the first quarter will have an impact.
I just wish Jinke had teamed up with a UK partner (Amstrad springs to mind) That could have fast tracked the UK/European development (and tweaked the styling a little)
Secondly they now have an even bigger competitor on the horizon. The kindle could score huge, not only will it have the amazon bookstore all sewed up with DRM'ed titles ready to roll, but the fact that all the students, budding authors, or even office note takers can tap away all day on it's keyboard can leverage it to people who wouldn't even thought about a straight down the line reader.
The next few months are going to be interesting...can irex produce a device that isn't so ridiculously priced?
Can Sony captilize on their 'Overwhelming demand' and produce enough product, so that even Joe Nobody will start to think 'I want one of those'.
Will amazon's additionof a keyboard stretch the market into tradtional laptop space?
And will jinke find someone that can push their product in suitables stores?
fun....fun
THJahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2006, 05:21 PM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Yep, we are living in interesting times...it's a real pity that I don't have unlimited funds, otherwise I'd buy every single one of these devices out there...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote