Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-20-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Will it be folders??

This from Books on the Knob:

Quote:
Kindle Customers, We have heard from many of you that you would like to have a better way to organize your growing Kindle libraries. We are currently working on a solution that will allow you to organize your Kindle libraries. We will be releasing this functionality as an over-the-air software update as soon as it is ready, in the first half of next year. - The Kindle Team
Could it be the long awaited folders??
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
A software update, fancy that. I have had a Cybook for 2 years and have yet to experience a software update. I am so excited.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2009, 02:53 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
A software update, fancy that. I have had a Cybook for 2 years and have yet to experience a software update. I am so excited.
That's odd - Bookeen have released at least 3 firmware updates for the Gen3 in that time. Why have you not installed them?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:15 AM   #4
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's odd - Bookeen have released at least 3 firmware updates for the Gen3 in that time. Why have you not installed them?
Sorry Harry, you are quite correct. It has been raining since Monday and this is supposed to be summer and I am becomiong increasingly negative.

I am fed up with my Gen3 because I still cannot do stuff like delete books and the blasted thing misses every 3rd page change. Now I have a kindle and hear about new functionality on its way my and cynical mood takes over.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
This from Books on the Knob:

Could it be the long awaited folders??
OMG, I am soooo excited! I just got a new battery for my kindle 1, and if it will have folders, I will be in heaven!!!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #6
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Excellent News!!! This should be on the front page.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is a screen shot of Amazon's Customer Service Forum, and you can see that Customer Service did in fact make this announcement.

Amazon Link

They also made the announcement on twitter. Link

Amazon announcing that that they are going to provide folders or tags (or whatever) to manage content -- THIS IS HUGE NEWS!!!

Can we get a "Whoo hoo" or something. Why am I the only one excited?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon.png
Views:	336
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	39609  
Old 11-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
LOL you're not, I'm pretty excited too, Daithi. I didn't put this on the front page, because I didn't know what the mods would think. If someone wants to move it, that's fine with me. For some reason this tidbit seems to have gotten buried - I ran across it by accident. You would think after all the complaints that Amazon had (just on THIS forum), that they'd be making a big deal out of this.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #10
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
I'll have what she's having!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #11
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
Here is a screen shot of Amazon's Customer Service Forum, and you can see that Customer Service did in fact make this announcement.

Amazon Link

They also made the announcement on twitter. Link

Amazon announcing that that they are going to provide folders or tags (or whatever) to manage content -- THIS IS HUGE NEWS!!!

Can we get a "Whoo hoo" or something. Why am I the only one excited?

Err... Is this excited enough?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #12
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I would be happy with just true PDF support
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #13
Daithi
Publishers are evil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
LOL you're not, I'm pretty excited too, Daithi. I didn't put this on the front page, because I didn't know what the mods would think. If someone wants to move it, that's fine with me. For some reason this tidbit seems to have gotten buried - I ran across it by accident. You would think after all the complaints that Amazon had (just on THIS forum), that they'd be making a big deal out of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'll have what she's having!
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

Err... Is this excited enough?
I feel better now.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #14
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Oh what is it going to be?
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #15
kg4ojj
kg4ojj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Bravo, here here, and all that.

Folders/tags/categories is #1 on my (holiday) wish list.

Does anyone have Santa's address? He's an influential person....maybe he could talk to Amazon for a December 25th delivery?
kg4ojj is offline   Reply With Quote