Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-06-2016, 12:23 PM   #1
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Python

I am attempting to crack/break into a program that is not updated/supported any longer. Does anyone know if that is possible with Python?

The program is TweetAdder. It was used to add tweets to a Twitter profile. That is all I want to use the program for. Other people used the program to mass follow/unfollow people and in doing that violated Twitter's API rules. I know there will be someone to tell me to use a different program but everything I have tried was nothing like TweetAdder and I miss it. I do not want to follow/unfollow people. I just want to have tweets posted to my profile.

I have downloaded Python but I honestly do not understand how to get it to open a program. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:28 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Maybe you just need a new API key?

Question: Do you have programming experience?
If not, you might want to learn python first.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2016, 12:30 PM   #3
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was going to try and add my own Twitter API key. No I know nothing about any type of programming. I was just attempting to try and see if I could do it.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:28 PM   #4
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
You would need the source code not the program. And then use the language it is written in. You could "hack" the program itself, but that is very very difficult, since you would need to manipulate the binary files. Helpfull could then be knowledge in machine code and maybe assembler. Python is useless in that case. In short: You won't be able to do it
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:37 PM   #5
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Thanks dickloraine. I did not know that. I guess I will be searching Google for a source code.
Advert
Old 01-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And since it is python, there is no machine or assembler code.

If it isn't open-source, you can still extract compiled python bytecode in the worst-case scenario, and that isn't too hard to modify.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:28 PM   #7
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
I don't know if the program is even written in python, I think the OP thought that you could use python to write code into any program.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:34 PM   #8
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

You are correct dickloraine. I do not know if the program was written in Python. I am guessing. But then I have searched good and cannot find any source code so I guess the programmer did not release that at any time.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:25 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickloraine View Post
I don't know if the program is even written in python, I think the OP thought that you could use python to write code into any program.
Huh, I see...

Not happening.
In order to modify a program you either need source code.
Or it must be written in a scripted language like python or perl which are their own source (and you freeze binaries with the actual source appended to a stub launcher).
Or written in Java which is easily decompiled (if you don't mind the typical obfuscation).