Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
rgouldtx
rgouldtx began at the beginning.

Location: In Richmond, Texas - southwest of Houston, Texas, USA
Device: iPod Touch
Post 'Hello!' from Southeast Texas

My name is Ron Gould. I am a writer and have been since grade school. I have one completed novel and a couple of others in development. I am also a voracious reader - mostly Fantasy and Science Fiction, but pretty much anything with printing qualifies. I plan to have the first draft of my next novel completed this year.

My wife and I run the largest retail florist in Fort Bend county, west of Houston, Texas. We are actually southwest of Houston in the Richmond-Rosenberg area off of US 59. I was in software for over 25 years before being caught in a layoff, so I cashed in the 401K and we bought the flower shop where she had worked for the previous 18 years. We have now owned and operated the shop for about six years. It has been a REAL learning experience for me.
rgouldtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi rgouldtx and welcome to MobileRaed
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Welcome to the forum Ron.

Feel free to join in the Writer's Corner section. We seem to have a lot of folk here from Texas!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Ron -- and welcome to MobileRead. What have you been reading on your iPod Touch? I've been having withdrawal pains from my Kindle and Sony readers as I've been steadily reading paperbacks to try and get books mailed out to folks in my book swapping group.

By the way, I live in north Texas but I've been down here in the Houston area over the weekend -- which meant I got to experience your big downpour.

So -- tell us about your novel. Is it published? Available in electronic form? Want to share an excerpt? (Us voracious readers want to know!)
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author, editing, learning, reading, writing