Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
gjjh25
gjjh25 began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story
old story or new story?

I am looking to buy a iriver story, and now that the new one has come out i am not sure which one to get.

There is £50 difference in price.

Is it worth for:-
The 16 grey scale?
The wifi use, I cant see the benefit of this to me as all i want to do is load files and read them, what is the benefit of the wifi connection?
gjjh25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
I can say: first thing, do you use images/graphics a lot in what you read? If the answer is yes, maybe it's a + point for the new iriver. I find reading on the Opus (whose levels of grey are a lot less than 16) sometimes better than on other devices. One partial solution would be try the iRiver (if it gets on WHSmiths shops), and see if it's comfortable.

The wifi can be a nice thing, but it's not crucial if the screen isn't a touch screen.

The crux is: what are you going to read there?
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
gjjh25
gjjh25 began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story
thanks, I will be reading epub and pdf that do have images and scanned images in them, some technical pdf too.
gjjh25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjjh25 View Post
thanks, I will be reading epub and pdf that do have images and scanned images in them, some technical pdf too.
You're welcome then maybe it's better the new version?
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote