Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #16
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Diokdin:

Thank you for understanding.

We are notoriously FAST on turnaround. When they arrive they are immediately given to the tech to try to find and solve the problem. If it cannot be fixed within an hour he generally replaces and gets it to shipping.

Most turnaround is 24 hours on working days. That is not a promise... but that is certainly the norm!
Sure, okay. Got a message from usps that they attempted delivery at 2:55PM today April 3rd but they left a notice by the door to pick up the package or have it redelivered there. Nobody was there to accept it I guess. They'll message me again when it's all delivered.

I'm dying here without my EZ reader, and my husband doesn't help with all the teasing....

Wow...there are sure wacko customers out there with that kind of reasoning(exchanging their broken sony with a free EZ reader bec they're the same prize). Haha

Last edited by diokdin; 04-03-2010 at 11:46 PM. Reason: spelling
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:32 AM   #17
camh
camh began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pocket PRO
Quote:
I note that this was a November Model and those were from Batch 1. Later batches are perfect.
Are you sure about that? Mine was shipped on Oct 22 (white model), and I was following the paint issue here and waited until the new batch arrived before ordering. Maybe it was the red models that were batch 1 in November.

I've noticed small bubbles around the most used buttons on mine, so I expect it will get worse over time. It's been getting only light use lately (it's hard to buy ebooks here in Australia), so it's still holding up ok, but I expect the shipping costs will make it infeasible to return. Fingers crossed it gets no worse.
camh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #18
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camh View Post
I've noticed small bubbles around the most used buttons on mine, so I expect it will get worse over time.

Thats exactly what has happend with my white one.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #19
ashdragon
ashdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader 5" Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camh View Post
Are you sure about that? Mine was shipped on Oct 22 (white model), and I was following the paint issue here and waited until the new batch arrived before ordering.
I first saw the older Thead about the paint issues a few days after i ordered the Batch of 5 that included my blue one. Ordered 1 blue, 1 white and 3 black ones.
I was concerned initially when i read about the issue but based on what i read the ones i ordered should have been from a batch produced after the problem was corrected. The blue one is the only one of the 5 to be a problem, the others are all fine.
I suspect it must be from an older batch, mainly based on the fact that the Leather Cover is different than the other 4, it has the same cream coloured inside as the photos in this thread rather than the grey that the other 4 in the order had, which i assume is the current standard colour.

I really don't want to send it back from Australia as it will either cost a fortune to send it express or take forever and cost less, neither option is ideal.

Robertb, If you have a spare one of them Metal cases you mentioned a while ago i'd be willing to Beta-test one in the Harsh Australian Climate
I'd rather pay the postage for you to ship me a new case and I'd swap it myself as it would end up the same cost, given the choice.
ashdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #20
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdragon View Post
I suspect it must be from an older batch, mainly based on the fact that the Leather Cover is different than the other 4, it has the same cream coloured inside as the photos in this thread rather than the grey that the other 4 in the order had, which i assume is the current standard colour.
So... if it's a cream colored case, it's the older one that had the problems? Hm... I got mine last month, and the inside of the case is cream... Is the outside of the case any different? Because I really like this case... (I think I'm one of the rare ones who actually likes the case. It seems like many people complain about the color, but I actually like mine.)
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #21
ashdragon
ashdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader 5" Pocket Pro
Nah the outside is the same on the 5 of them that i originally got, only the inside was different. I'll admit I actually prefer the Grey coloured inside of the case and if I had been thinking straight i should have swapped it with one of the other ones when they arrived
ashdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #22
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
So... if it's a cream colored case, it's the older one that had the problems? Hm... I got mine last month, and the inside of the case is cream... Is the outside of the case any different? Because I really like this case... (I think I'm one of the rare ones who actually likes the case. It seems like many people complain about the color, but I actually like mine.)
Add me to that list, I rather like the colour of the cover too. I have thought about buying the green stylzworld cover but I much prefer the supplied one.

I have had my PP since end of September without any paint issues, so looks like I got a good batch.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:11 PM   #23
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Add me to that list, I rather like the colour of the cover too. I have thought about buying the green stylzworld cover but I much prefer the supplied one.

I have had my PP since end of September without any paint issues, so looks like I got a good batch.
Is the inside of your case cream or gray?
Old 04-06-2010, 11:12 PM   #24
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdragon View Post
Nah the outside is the same on the 5 of them that i originally got, only the inside was different. I'll admit I actually prefer the Grey coloured inside of the case and if I had been thinking straight i should have swapped it with one of the other ones when they arrived
Now I'm curious how the gray looks... although I really like the cream.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:22 PM   #25
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Is the inside of your case cream or gray?
It is cream.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:52 PM   #26
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
It is cream.
Ok, thanks. So I guess that means that the cream cases don't necessarily mean they'll have trouble with paint.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #27
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Dear Dioktin:

The user pays to send it to us. We pay the freight to send it back. This is done to keep people from returning for the slightest of reasons. Otherwise we get Sonys returned to us, eBook Readers that function perfectly but they want a new one anyway, and to have people realize that repairing is a very expensive job and we are doing it fast and easy for them.

Sending one way is very inexpensive.
Robert, a question.

I got my EZ Reader PP as a gift from someone. I don't have a receipt. And honestly, since the person who gifted it to me doesn't live nearby (and is also currently away on business to boot), even assuming they held onto it, I don't want to delay things by having to wait for them to get home from their trip, and then further inconvenience them by making them dig for that receipt, and send it to me.

I'm having this paint peeling problem. I just noticed it starting a few days ago, and its getting a lot worse fairly quickly.

Given that the product seems to have only been released about six months old, and so there's no WAY I could be out of a year long warranty period no matter what, will I have a problem getting service?

Last edited by Spiffy; 04-07-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #28
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
No changes to outside of case

Quote:
Yes, they just changed the inside lining. The outside is unchanged!

It is a very good case and for FREE it is even better!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #29
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Should not be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
Robert, a question.

I got my EZ Reader PP as a gift from someone. I don't have a receipt. And honestly, since the person who gifted it to me doesn't live nearby (and is also currently away on business to boot), even assuming they held onto it, I don't want to delay things by having to wait for them to get home from their trip, and then further inconvenience them by making them dig for that receipt, and send it to me.

I'm having this paint peeling problem. I just noticed it starting a few days ago, and its getting a lot worse fairly quickly.

Given that the product seems to have only been released about six months old, and so there's no WAY I could be out of a year long warranty period no matter what, will I have a problem getting service?
Dear Spiffy:

I am Business Development and not tech support and they slap me when I cross the line. However, I asked and they said you should be fine.

They will likely ask you to email ONE picture so they can verify and then they will give you an RMA #. You pay to send to Astak; but Astak pays to send it or the replacement back to you.

Thank you!! That was a great gift you got!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:31 PM   #30
bbqncigars
PDA dino
bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, Rooted NC, Voyages(2)
My white EZ has started to peel a bit on a couple of places near the left page buttons as well as on the right edge, but it doesn't bother me enough to send it in. I got it in November, IIRC. I hope it wasn't brought on by the Stylz cover.

Wayne
bbqncigars is offline   Reply With Quote