Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Need help with ereader2html.

The one book I got at Fictionwise works perfectly. Then I tried some from ereader.com. I have downloaded the latest reader software and I bought a book today to update the credit card on all the previous purchases.

One book converted fine. Another one gives me this error message:
Error: Invalid File Format (Merriam-Webster Pocket Dictionary bought in 2007 for about $30).

Another one gives me this error message:
Error: Incorrect eReader version 10 (error 1) (ereader.com BestSellers sampler bought in 2007).

Help? Thanks! I mostly buy at Fictionwise but I'm worried a future purchase there will give me the same error than ereader's purchases, so I want to learn what's causing those errors.

P.S. I had a total of 6 ereader files... 4 of them converted no problem. The other two gave the error given above.

Last edited by GatorDeb; 09-26-2008 at 05:26 PM.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You could purchase Mobipocket and if you have version 0.01 & 0.02 or 0.04 of MobiDeDRM.py then you can strip the DRM and convert to LRF easily.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Fictionwise has an extra 5% Micropay rebate on ereader format, so I'm trying to expand Also if there's ever a good deal at ereader.com that expands my options.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:40 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I have not gotten it to work on one book that MUST be read by eReader Pro (older versions) or the newest free version. I don't like the PC viewer setup on the latest version, so I no longer have it installed - but I've wondered if the error was because I didn't have the latest version installed.

I seem to remember that the dictionary required eReaderPro, back when eReader had two different versions of the software. So you could be bumping up against the same issue.

It also wouldn't convert most of the classic "freebies" that were offered by eReader and/or Fictionwise a few years ago. Not a problem for me, since I can get those from other sources - and probably more nicely formatted!

Otherwise, I haven't had it balk on any other Fictionwise or eReader books (although the bulk of my buying is at Fictionwise, I think I've purchased at eReader in the last three months or so).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:53 PM   #5
GatorDeb
Evangelist

Both of the ones that didn't convert were from a year ago, so maybe that's why. So hopefully all current ones convert. The dictionary DID come packed with a version of eReader Pro... maybe I can try installing it. Any other help is appreciated it I'm not hell-bent in converting those two books, I just want future purchases to work (mostly at Fictionwise).
Advert
Old 09-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Dictionaries are generally in a slightly different version format than other books. It is not surprising that they don't translate into another format easily. eReader, MOBI, IMP, and LIT all have specialized dictionary formats.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Error: Invalid File Format (Merriam-Webster Pocket Dictionary bought in 2007 for about $30).
I've never been able to get dictionary's to convert... Everything else I have though.

Quote:
Error: Incorrect eReader version 10 (error 1) (ereader.com BestSellers sampler bought in 2007).
When I get that error it normally means the book is not DRM, and you can just open it in Book Designer and convert it from Ereader to html or whatever.

I have converted over 200 books from Fictionwise from the Ereader format to HTML / IMP.

Last edited by shighfield; 09-27-2008 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote