Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-20-2008, 09:02 AM   #46
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Findebook
Ebookfix

Ebooksleuth would work, except ABE already calls their book ID forum "Booksleuth"...

Come to think of it, for those who like naming these things after people, there are many notable fictional detectives!

Last edited by wayrad; 08-20-2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: afterthough
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #47
vigor
vigor began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
OK,

I found one, com, net and org are all available... how about...

EBOOKPRICESEARCH.COM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk Broad View Post
That's way too long.

Remember, the whole goal is to make it EASY, not a bother to the end user in length of name or spelling.
I have to disagree with you, Walk Broad. When I'm searching for movies online, the first place I hit is DVDPriceSearch.com. It's easy to remember.

If you go to a site on a regular basis, most people will use a bookmark, and most browsers will automatch addresses you've previously been to as you type them in the addressbar, so length is not as important.

Going to a site for the first time is the important thing. If you run across a site address online, it will most likely be a hot link. However, if the name is simple and direct, it will be easy to remember when it is passed on in spoken conversation. EbookPriceSearch is 16 characters, says exactly what the site does, and .com is the default end for any address (in the U.S. at least).

I have to give my vote for EbookPriceSearch.com.
vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #48
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk Broad View Post
That's way too long.

Remember, the whole goal is to make it EASY, not a bother to the end user in length of name or spelling.
Except that most short domain names have already been taken. Your going to BOOKMARK it anyway... and that is certainly easy to remember, and I think spell. More easy than some made up word. Or obscure word.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:22 PM   #49
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
My intranet guardian won't let me go to Bookmark.com, so that one is probably taken and should be viewed at home.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #50
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Icanhascheezeburger is not something that is short, easy to type, or has all that much to do, namewise, with what's on the site.

However, it only takes once to find it, and bookmark it and if it's a worthwhile site, word tends to get out about it.

So ... call it whatever you want. I vote for "hermajestysflyingllamacorps" ... as long as we are suggesting names.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2008, 10:57 AM   #51
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
How about ebookhaggle.com.

That's what we're doing, right? Trying to get the lowest price for an ebook?
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #52
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Gen 3
Well..... and also trying to find them in the first place. I added a reply element for price, with some reluctance. =/ My idea was really to find all books, if some of the publishers start leaving the project because of this I'll have to think about it and maybe remove the whole price-thing.

It is supposed to be a kind, rosy fluffy kind of search engine. Not a raw, cold price-spy.
Gianfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:12 PM   #53
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfranco View Post
Well..... and also trying to find them in the first place. I added a reply element for price, with some reluctance. =/ My idea was really to find all books, if some of the publishers start leaving the project because of this I'll have to think about it and maybe remove the whole price-thing.

It is supposed to be a kind, rosy fluffy kind of search engine. Not a raw, cold price-spy.
hee at the "kind, rosy fluffy kind of search engine", if only there were more of that in the world !

i do think that price is useful although at this point some books are so hard to dig up that just finding them is already great, then we can compare prices ourselves if ncessary. and perhaps including the prices will motivate publishers to reduce them, as well, as a sort of emulation.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:23 PM   #54
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
One reason the ebook vendors might be resistant to a price-comparison tool is that they say they have little control over prices, which are supposedly set by the publisher. But if that were really entirely the case, I suppose the prices would all be the same. I assume the vendors choose the amount of discount they want to offer, so this would make that more obvious.

An interesting feature might be a comparison between the ebook prices and the lowest price offered for a new p-book of the same title and author....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #55
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Well, I'm at home this afternoon and can now attest that Bookmark.com is taken and not something you'd want to have bookmark.org sitting next to. He does have somr free videos available, it would seem.

Bookprice.com doesn't seem to be taken.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:30 PM   #56
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

I believe in a name, strongly. Names are easy and are often not taken.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:18 AM   #57
Gianfranco
computer scientist

That is, a name as in "berry", "moose" , etc.... not like in "ebookfinder", "booksearch".
Old 08-22-2008, 05:26 AM   #58
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
llama ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:24 AM   #59
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
llama ?
I still like "boobook". Owls are wise (well, except for the slowbies that bump into tree trunks).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:36 AM   #60
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfranco View Post
That is, a name as in "berry", "moose" , etc.... not like in "ebookfinder", "booksearch".
Ah! A name! Fred? or should it be girl, that would be more fluffy and rosy, no? Dana? Lori? Nah, too modern. We want a bookish girl...what's a bookish girl name?
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote