Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-20-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
RSS feed of Wiki page

Is there a way to make an RSS feed of a MobileRead wiki page? I have a project I'm working on and a RSS feed might be useful.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Is there a way to make an RSS feed of a MobileRead wiki page? I have a project I'm working on and a RSS feed might be useful.
If you check the article on RSS there is some information on this. Basically if you see the RSS or ATOM entry on the left column toolbox then that page is already available as a feed. For example check the recently changed page. this is a way to find out about everything that changes.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nah, there's no RSS link. I thought I could add one easily. Not a big deal, I can do without it.

Thank you, as usual.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Nah, there's no RSS link. I thought I could add one easily. Not a big deal, I can do without it.

Thank you, as usual.
The changes page and the new pages special pages have RSS links. That way you can track items that changed and then view the content if you wish using a browser. Generally there is no direct RSS link to individual pages.

Dale
Old 07-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Gottcha! I'm working on an alternate Kindle FAQ (info, tips and tricks not in the official version) and wanted to have an RSS feed to let people know of any updates. After thinking about it, it would be a pain because even fixing a typo would make the page "updated". I'm good with out it.

Thanks.
(BTW, I haven't changed the MobileRead Kindle FAQ, I'm using my user page to create my alternate version)
Advert
Old 07-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Gottcha! I'm working on an alternate Kindle FAQ (info, tips and tricks not in the official version) and wanted to have an RSS feed to let people know of any updates. After thinking about it, it would be a pain because even fixing a typo would make the page "updated". I'm good with out it.

Thanks.
(BTW, I haven't changed the MobileRead Kindle FAQ, I'm using my user page to create my alternate version)
Yes, I have been following it. At some point they should be merged but your form needs a few changes so that it will create a toc properly so people can find the entries. The == type tags are used to create the Toc.

Dale
Old 07-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Yes, I have been following it. At some point they should be merged but your form needs a few changes so that it will create a toc properly so people can find the entries. The == type tags are used to create the Toc.

Dale
It needs many changes, I haven't really tried any formatting. Right now it's just a blob of stuff. I have much organizing to do.