Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-08-2013, 02:52 AM   #1
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Problem with Epub to Pdf Conversion:text invisible on right hand side due to clipping

I convert epub files to pdf using calibre. 80% of the time my output files have text clipped on the right hand side. Usually clipping mask hides edges of the last letters, but at other times whole words are hidden.

To check the error, go to page no 12 of pdf file. On first line you will see that only "mys" part is being shown whereas the word is "myself". Text is clipped on many pages of this output file.

Please download epub file from here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=174169

I have attached the conversion log and output file

Conversion options that i changed are :
a)Margins: left 10 pt, top 16 pt, right 10 pt, bottom 6 pt
b) Custom paper size as 5.5x8 inches
c) Palantino Linotype font family
d) Default font size 20px and Monospace font size 16 px

Why i need pdf files: I have onyx M92 and annotations and highlighting is possible only for pdf files.

Please tell me about any workaround to this problem
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow - Jerome K. Jerome.pdf (1.64 MB, 460 views)
File Type: txt ConversionlogIdlethoughts.txt (7.4 KB, 216 views)
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
A bit of googling will show you the workaround for this issue which is to use different fonts, since this bug is manifested by Qt WebKit for only some fonts.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2013, 03:58 AM   #3
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
A bit of googling will show you the workaround for this issue which is to use different fonts, since this bug is manifested by Qt WebKit for only some fonts.
Thank you for replying so quickly

That is a simple solution. I never tried changing the fonts
Thank you for such a good software
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote