Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 12-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
Xarra
Xarra began at the beginning.

Device: Lumia 1020
OPDS and Skydrive

I've created a catalogue in Skydrive, but should I be able to type the URL for the skydrive folder in the browser and get the catalogue? Or do I have to link skydrive to a PC and access it that way?

I'm trying to link an ebook reader (Freda) on Win8 phone and I can't seem to use the catalogue I've created... And typing the URL in the browser just brings up Skydrive... Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Xarra
Xarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
In my checking I found that SkyDrive seems to be incompatible with using a browser. The problem is that you need a single URL that allows all files to be addressed in an OPDS catalog, while SkyDrive wants to give each file and/or folder a unique URL.

It is always possible that there is something I have missed in SkyDrive that would allow such a catalog - if so I would like to know what it is.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
As far as I know, the only cloud sync/backup service that allows you to store files with relative links within the service, basically what you need for one file to link to other files in the cloud, is Dropbox.

When you share or login and view a file, for example, the catalog index, it will be dropboxusercontent.com/get/random/folder/linkage/root_of_shared_folder/names_of_files_and_folders allowing the catalog to work, since in that view mode, it is exactly like a folder uploaded to a server viewable AS A FOLDER!

You could also get a server host and upload to there, but probably don't want to bother... You're stuck with dropbox until/unless some other cloud solution offers the same feature.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote