Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #31
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Only to inspect how inflections are coded in the Smirnitsky dictionary source, and what makes them searchable (compared to other dictionaries that don't have inflections at all).
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #32
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Only to inspect how inflections are coded in the Smirnitsky dictionary source, and what makes them searchable (compared to other dictionaries that don't have inflections at all).
The format is well described in Amazon publishing guidelines, which you quoted. Doesn't it work for you?
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #33
PoP
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
The format is well described in Amazon publishing guidelines, which you quoted. Doesn't it work for you?
To be frank I have not tried. I wanted to see it first from a working dictionary. From your comments and experience I now have no doubt the documented statements are the way to go. I'm still a noob in dictionary matters, and can't even get my own dictionary to PopUp searches correctly. Hey, where would the fun if it was so obvious

EDIT: Bug corrected. PopUps do work now!

Last edited by PoP; 02-13-2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: To shamelessly claim I fixed my "nadsat" bug
Old 02-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #34
PoP

Quote:
I didn't find any tool able to decompile this kind of index.
Why do you want to unpack it?
To shamelessly copy good structures

Quote:
I finaly tried it and it works great
Spoiler:
Code:
H:\>mobigen nadsat.opf

* Mobipocket mobigen.exe V6.2 build 43  *
* A command line e-book compiler        *
* Copyright Mobipocket.com 2003-2008    *

opt version: try to minimize (default)
Info(prcgen): Added metadata dc:Title        "NADSAT chelloveks multilingual dic
tionary v0.4"
Info(prcgen): Added metadata dc:Date         "2013-02-16"
Info(prcgen): Added metadata dc:Creator      "PoP"
Info(prcgen): Added metadata dc:Publisher    "Pop via MobileRead"
Info(prcgen): Added metadata BASICCode       "REF008000"
Info(prcgen): Added metadata dc:Subject      "Dictionaries"
Info(prcgen): Added metadata dc:Description  "Translations FRench: ENglish: ARgo
t: RUssian: from Internet resources"
Info(prcgen): Parsing files  0000001
Info(prcgen): Resolving hyperlinks
Info(prcgen): Building table of content     URL: H:\nadsat.ncx
Info(prcgen/inflections): Number of new <idx:infl> inflection rules:  0000003
Info(prcgen/inflections): Of which rules used only once or twice:     0000003
Info(prcgen/inflections): Number of inflection rule groups:           0000002
Info(prcgen): Computing UNICODE ranges used in the book
Info(prcgen): Found UNICODE range: Basic Latin [20..7E]
Info(prcgen): Found UNICODE range: Latin-1 Supplement [A0..FF]
Info(prcgen): Found UNICODE range: Basic Arabic [600..6FF]
Info(prcgen): Found UNICODE range: Arabic Presentation Forms-B [FE70..FEFE]
Info(prcgen): Found UNICODE range: Mathematical Operators [2200..22FF]
Info(prcgen): Found UNICODE range: Basic Greek [370..3FF]
Info(prcgen): Found UNICODE range: Latin Extended-B [180..24F]
Info(prcgen): Found UNICODE range: Cyrillic [400..4FF]
Info(prcgen): Found UNICODE range: Latin Extended-A [100..17F]
Info(prcgen): Building MOBI file, record count:   0000019
Info(prcgen): Final stats - text compressed to (in % of original size):  035.30%

Info(prcgen): The document identifier is: "NADSAT_chell-ictionary_v0.4"
Info(prcgen): The file format version is V6
Info(prcgen): Saving MOBI file
Info(prcgen): MOBI File successfully generated!

H:\>

Interestingly, now that my dictionary has inflections, mobiunpack fails on it, as expected.

The tags are lengthy to code by hand and probably meant to be programmatically generated. Well, that concludes my quest: there are no magical builtin rules in amazon code, only tediously adding infl tags will bring inflections support.

Thank you again for your helpful posts.

Last edited by PoP; 02-16-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #35
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
But isn't that cheating?
To follow the documentation?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #36
PoP

Here is an idea. Code a Python script for the Nadsat grammar (with inflection rules particular to the language). Sprinkle with genders, declensions, conjugations and the like. Parse the vocabulary with it and autogen the infl tags... Nah, I prefer cheating.

A bit of doc + A bit of copy-paste + A bit of intelligence = A bucket of fun.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:50 AM   #37
totsubo
totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I shall resume my hunt for another decompilation tool. Any suggestion?
PoP, did you ever find a tool for decompiling dictionary indexes?

The reason I ask is that the Japanese dictionary supplied with the Paperwhite has a neat trick where the index entry shown is not the headword but a formatted version of the headword and I am trying to figure out how they did this. (I.e. the index entry for '二' shows as '[二] に' - that second bit is the phonetic pronunciation)
totsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:10 AM   #38
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsubo View Post

The reason I ask is that the Japanese dictionary supplied with the Paperwhite has a neat trick where the index entry shown is not the headword but a formatted version of the headword and I am trying to figure out how they did this. (I.e. the index entry for '二' shows as '[二] に' - that second bit is the phonetic pronunciation)
You can leave idx:orth empty and specify headword and inflections as attributes.
The following definition will display [二] に if you look up 二 or に.

Code:
<html>
<body>

<idx:entry>
	<idx:orth value="二">
		<idx:infl><idx:iform value="に"/></idx:infl>
	</idx:orth>
	[二] に<br />
	Two
</idx:entry>

</body>
</html>
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #39
PoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsubo View Post
Sorry I didn't. In the end I manually coded exactly as shown by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
You can leave idx:orth empty and specify headword and inflections as attributes.
The following definition will display [二] に if you look up 二 or に.

Code:
<html>
<body>

<idx:entry>
	<idx:orth value="二">
		<idx:infl><idx:iform value="に"/></idx:infl>
	</idx:orth>
	[二] に<br />
	Two
</idx:entry>

</body>
</html>
Old 03-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #40
nathans
nathans began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Congrats. Could you please explain what dictionary have you used (link?) and how you got it working in pop-up mode? Thanks!!
nathans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #41
PoP

With pleasure : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205634 All sources in there.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:54 PM   #42
Rouquemoute
Rouquemoute began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
Quote:
I found it from a link posted here. I think that the dictionary has to be created with all the possible inflections for the declensions and conjugations to be searchable. AFAIK the Kindle does not lookup "closest matches'... closest or partial match would certainly be useful... searching *all* dictionaries too... I'm afraid, it would require a rewrite of the Kindle framework.
Hello,
I'm desperately looking for a Russian-English dictionary on Kindle with a pop-up feature. The best I've managed to find so far is the Ru-En Mega dictionary, but it does not support declensions nor conjugations which makes looking up half of the words a nightmare.

Your dictionary looks like a better candidate, but unfortunately all the links in this thread are either dead or pointing to other dictionaries (including the one above). Is there a place where I could download it from? Alternatively is it possible to build it from another source, and if so which one and how?

I would be eternally grateful, this dictionary thing is the last obstacle between me and Russian literature
Rouquemoute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #43
PoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouquemoute View Post
... this dictionary thing is the last obstacle between me and Russian literature
Then it shall be removed in your PM
Old 10-14-2014, 02:59 AM   #44
lmay
lmay began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Smile

Quote:
Then it shall be removed in your PM
I don't suppose you could also help me out, pretty please? I'm obviously looking for a kindle-friendly Ru-En dictionary which supports declensions too
lmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:42 AM   #45
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: PW2
There must be something wrong with the file.. I use RU-RU dictionary with no problem
April_7th is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cyrillic, dictionary, kindle 4.1.0, russian