Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible Sale - 200 Books - $6 or $9 ea

The Paperback Sale - 200 audiobooks for as low as $5.95 each - Ends: Thur 26 Jul 2012

These audiobooks are priced at either $5.95 or $8.95 each. Most are priced at $5.95

An interesting find is Hugo's "Les Misérables" for $8.95 (reg $48.99). It clocks in at 60.5 hours and has a 4.6 customer rating.

edit: on 17 Jul, the number of audiobooks on sale increased from 100 to 200

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-25-2012 at 10:17 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I get nothing at the "paperback sale" link, and Les Miz is regular price.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Are you logged into your account?
Old 07-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I am logged in, and the link works fine. I got an email from Audible about this sale earlier today.... I've had the Kissinger book On China on my wishlist for a while, and it's at $8.95. Decisions, decisions.....
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Hmmmm, The Rook and A Discovery of Witches look to be right up my husband's fantasy alley. I can snag them both for a total of $5 out of pocket and use up the $10 credit Audible gave me this month. Or I can put that $10 towards extra credits which are on sale right now. Decisions, decisions...
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
I think this is for members only. I took a look at it and while I could see the titles (at least in the A-Z tabs) all of the offerings were full price. Too bad - I might have given them some of my money instead of just vacuuming up all of their freebies for once. I picked up "The Hunger Games" when they offered it at a discount.

skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Hmmmm, The Rook and A Discovery of Witches look to be right up my husband's fantasy alley. I can snag them both for a total of $5 out of pocket and use up the $10 credit Audible gave me this month. Or I can put that $10 towards extra credits which are on sale right now. Decisions, decisions...
I see you use an ipod. You might want to keep an eye on the Audiobook of the Month through iTunes. Last Month they had "A Discovery of Witches" available for $5.95. I had some iTunes gift cards someone had given me and hadn't had cause to use them, so I went ahead and picked it up. A couple of months ago I also got "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" the same way. These are the Audible versions, just sold through iTunes. Can't port them over to your Audible library, though, but that shouldn't be a problem for you since you have an ipod. (Unlike me; I have to do a workaround.)

skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #8
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
We could get nasty. A 30 day trial membership and then clean up the low priced goodies. Though I don't tend to do these things. Though I might just sign up for real. Are the files DRMed or just regular MP3?

Last edited by HansTWN; 07-13-2012 at 12:03 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #9
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
We could get nasty. A 30 day trial membership and then clean up the low priced goodies. Though I don't tend to do these things. Though I might just sign up for real. Are the files DRMed or just regular MP3?
If you are considering signing up then you may want to use the twit podcast affilaite to do so because then you get 2 free books on joining instead of the usual 1. But if you were to do so wouldn't you use the 2 credits on full priced expensive books that you really want rather than the cheapies in the sale.
Audible files are Drmd but removal is relatively painless if you're inclined.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #10
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Obviously you would use the free credits (you get 2 as an Amazon referral, too) for expensive books. What I mean is you spend money to buy the cheap ones and spend the credits on expensive ones. Can you buy something and keep the credits?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:17 AM   #11
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Obviously you would use the free credits (you get 2 as an Amazon referral, too) for expensive books. What I mean is you spend money to buy the cheap ones and spend the credits on expensive ones. Can you buy something and keep the credits?
Absolutely when in the cart just tick off the credit box.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #12
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Since I'm a nonmember, all I ever see at Audible is "learn how to get this book for $7.49." This is beyond annoying. If I could see great sale prices, maybe I would decide to join. But always seeing the same "$7.49" is NOT an incentive.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Since I'm a nonmember, all I ever see at Audible is "learn how to get this book for $7.49." This is beyond annoying. If I could see great sale prices, maybe I would decide to join. But always seeing the same "$7.49" is NOT an incentive.
Have you ever had a membership? If not, you could sign up for a 30-day free trial and get two credits for free. Then you'd be eligible for this sale.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #14
Bob Butler
Connoisseur
Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle, iPhone
Is anyone aware of a good deal for former members? All of the codes I found recently require a new account. If I could find a good deal I'd re-up.
Bob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #15
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I think this is for members only. I took a look at it and while I could see the titles (at least in the A-Z tabs) all of the offerings were full price. Too bad - I might have given them some of my money instead of just vacuuming up all of their freebies for once. I picked up "The Hunger Games" when they offered it at a discount.

skinmaan
I am a member, but not an active subscriber (i.e. I buy a la carte). and I still don't see any reduced prices today.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote