Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Aldiko 2.0 Free version released!

I know it's been out for a little bit in premium format, but I just got a message on my phone saying that Aldiko was updated for my free version.

Wow!!! What an APP!!!

Love it! My biggest complaint was having to jump through hoops for a page number, now it's right there with the push of one button!

Looks nice...performance is a bit slower, but not enough for me to care, just in loading...reading is still just as slick.

Great job Aldiko team!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
*****NOTE*****

Requires Adroid 2.1 or above.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh good call, had no idea!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Anyone got a source for a non-market install.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
Anyone got a source for a non-market install.
Link to my public DropBox.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5210431/Aldi...der%20v2.0.apk
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
thanks, Scion!
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
jhempel24
Wizard

Can anyome download from custom catalogs?

I can see the book , but I can't download it. Its quite annoying. im using it on a Droid X running 2.2.1 Android OS.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #8
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:08 AM   #9
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pretty nice. I was hoping for better PDF functionality. Maybe that'll come in time. Definitely my favorite ePub reader, though.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:14 AM   #10
jhempel24
Wizard

I'm thinking of reverting back....one thing that I find I missed is the "chapter progress bar" everything else seems nice though.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #11
sbtx99
Zealot
sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi; Red PRS-650; iPod Touch; Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I'm thinking of reverting back....one thing that I find I missed is the "chapter progress bar" everything else seems nice though.
I miss the chapter progress too. But for me it's offset by having page numbers that correspond to the page numbers on my Sony Reader. I mainly use the reading apps on my phone when away from home and was using the chapter progress to help switch between devices. (If near the end of a chapter, I'd finish up on the phone before switching over to the Reader. Or if 50% into a chapter in Aldiko, I'd use that to find the proximate page number on the Sony.)

But I still wish they'd kept the chapter progress. I like knowing how far I am from the end of a chapter.
sbtx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:48 PM   #12
jhempel24
Wizard

Yeah that was a really cool feature, I hope they bring it back, but I do like how the page numbers work, and you don't have to jump through hoops to get them.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #13
soondai
Guru

I reverted because of the lack of font choices (w/o downloading). But it is very nice overall and I'm sure I'll upgrade to 2.1 or 2.2
Old 01-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #14
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
How do you import your own fonts?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #15
soondai
Guru

no idea. it just said you have to if you don't want to use the default. Alkido 1.x only has 2 choices, but I prefer the non-default one.

maybe it's a premium (paid) feature.