Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
granturissimus
Enthusiast
granturissimus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Just got calibre, need help editing title and cover art (for kindle 3)

hello!

i just got my kindle on friday, and i really like it, however the titles and cover art that comes from the kindle store are often unorganized.

i have a couple books that i bought from the kindle store, and they came as .azw files. so i tried to change the title and cover art on one of them in calibre: i added teh .azw file to calibre, and clicked on "edit metadata". i changed the author and title, then picked my own cover art in the same window. then i sent the book to my kindle by selecting "send to device". when i turned on my kindle, the title did end up being changed as i made it, however, the default cover art of the book remained.

so then i decided that i rather not have any cover art on my books, and went back in calibre, selected the book, and clicked on "remove cover from selected books". then i put the book back on kinde and the default cover art still remained!

so my question is how do i completely delete the default cover art so that the book has none, and what do i do to pick my own cover art if i wanted to do so? basically, what am i doing wrong?
granturissimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:37 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You have to run a conversion before the new cover art gets inserted into an ebook file. Note that if these books are DRM protected then Calibre will not be able to run a conversion on them.

There are ways of removing DRM but discussion of the methods is against forum policy.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert