Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 03:16 PM   #46
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
Got mine today (8 days after applying, 5 business days after ordering). Credit card charges are still only pending and I have yet to get any shipping info in my email. Still, happy to have it!
Zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #47
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
It seems to me even if you just got the $100 from Chase right away, this is a really good deal.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:43 AM   #48
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero9 View Post
Got mine today (8 days after applying, 5 business days after ordering). Credit card charges are still only pending and I have yet to get any shipping info in my email. Still, happy to have it!
YAY!! Hope you enjoy it! The more ebooks I read the more I love them! Happy reading.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #49
moosejons_dad
Zealot
moosejons_dad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Readers PRS-500 exchanged by Sony for PRS-600, PRS-505,IPAD3,mini
I found out last night that the Sony deal,even though it shown on their website, is no longer valid.
When I asked Customer Service why don't they at least advise the website people to remove the promo, he said he has tried but no one at Sony will do anything about it.

Furthermore, the $100 credit that is was applied to all purchases before May 31st, will be received about 8 to 12 weeks later after the purchase.. Any purchase after May 31st will not get the credit.

Buyers beware....Even the local Sony store in Paramus NJ did not know this as I was their last night... No wonder there are some bad vibes about Sony's customer service.
moosejons_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #50
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Myself and some others here have reported that the $100 credit has been applied less than 2 weeks after purchase. I know of at least one person who then got the $50 credit a few days later (he ordered a few days earlier than me; I'm still waiting for the $50). The promo on the website says:
  • You must be approved for the card by 06/30/2009.
  • The purchase must be made by 09/14/09

I've attached screenshots of this earlier in this thread. I would think that with those shots you'd be able to get the deal even if some rep thinks it's expired. Of course, I'm not from Sony so use my opinions at your own risk.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #51
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Z I couldn't find the terms that you listed but really what's the risk? Worst case senario you pay full amount. If I get one I would really like the Michael Connelly Special Edition. Any thoughts on if that would be included?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #52
Zero9
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
Z I couldn't find the terms that you listed but really what's the risk? Worst case senario you pay full amount. If I get one I would really like the Michael Connelly Special Edition. Any thoughts on if that would be included?
Well, the risk is that you can buy the reader brand new from stores like Buy.com for $267.99 (or even $199 with a promo code at Border's).

As for the Michael Connelly Special Edition (model number: PRS-505LC/MC), I don't see it at Sony Rewards. It's my understanding that $50 of the $150 off comes from buying it at Sony Rewards instead of somewhere else.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #53
benham
Guru

Bummer. The Borders promo doen't seem to be there anymore. That's true it is cheaper elsewhere. The Michael Connelly one though includes 3 free downloads of his books (which I already have) a coupon for another book and an embossed cover. Thanks!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #54
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
Bummer. The Borders promo doen't seem to be there anymore.
It's still on. Just enter the code "sony505read".
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #55
benham
Guru

They must be rotating banners, hey?
Old 06-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #56
benham
Guru

OK I hope I did this right.
I signed up for the Sony Card and got immediate approval
I registered for Sony Rewards and selected the blue 505
I purchased the points to cover the difference and submitted

Now you are saying Chase will credit the account for $100 and Sony will eventually send a check for $50, right?
Old 06-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #57
Zero9
Zealot

I think Sony Rewards credits your card account just like Chase does with the $100. The CSR that moosejons_dad communicated with claims that the promo has expired, despite the dates listed on the promo page. I really hope it works for you. Come back and let us know when/if either of the credits get applied.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #58
benham
Guru

If it had expired it wouldn't have been listed when registering for Sony Rewards, would it? Hope so anyway.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #59
Zapped
Enthusiast
Zapped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Just an FYI for other folks still going for the $150 deal, here's my timeline from credit card application to receiving the reader -

Day 0 (01 June 2009) - applied for credit card & got instant approval

Day 2 (03 June) - after over 48 hours where the site wouldn't recognize my new CC, I was finally able to use my new CC at sonyrewards to redeem the offer

Day 7 (08 June) PRS-505/LC left facility in La Grange, IL

Day 10 (11 June), PRS-505/LC arrived via FedEx at my door in Austin TX.

Ignoring weekends, the reader shipped on the 3rd business day after ordering it, and arrived on the 6th business day after ordering. I never received an email about the shipment, but I found the tracking number on 08 June by randomly checking my order details on the sonyrewards.com site.

My shiny new blue PRS-505 is charged and the library I had set up on my silver loaner is working fine on the new blue reader. I realize it's sort of an optical illusion, but the not-so-paper-white background looks much whiter when its surrounded by the dark blue trim than it did with the silver case. I'm very happy with it.
Zapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #60
benham
Guru

I got approved immediately and it recognized my CC right away. No problems! But I will withhold the accolades until I have the reader in my hand.

Tags
prs-505, sony