Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-19-2016, 05:05 PM   #1
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Using Calibre on multiple computers

I have had Calibre installed on my desktop. However, I am wanting to use it on my laptop too. My library files are on Box so in the cloud for easy access. I installed Calibre on my laptop and pointed it to Box. This worked fine and I was able to view my library.

Well, then I wanted to copy all my configuration settings/plugins. I went to preferences->miscellaneous to identify the directory on my desktop .../appdata/roaming/calibre/... I copied this into the corresponding folder on the laptop.

Well, now I can see the plugins (i.e. Quality Check) but can't see the library. Going to the library tab shows the Box folder so am not sure what to do to now make my library visible again. I am guessing that there was something in that config directory that I shouldn't have copied over.

Help please?

Thanks

Last edited by Waitingforatrain; 09-19-2016 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Solved: Box is located in slightly different locations on the two devices. The config copied the desktop location.
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:36 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingforatrain View Post
I have had Calibre installed on my desktop. However, I am wanting to use it on my laptop too. My library files are on Box so in the cloud for easy access. I installed Calibre on my laptop and pointed it to Box. This worked fine and I was able to view my library.

Well, then I wanted to copy all my configuration settings/plugins. I went to preferences->miscellaneous to identify the directory on my desktop .../appdata/roaming/calibre/... I copied this into the corresponding folder on the laptop.

Well, now I can see the plugins (i.e. Quality Check) but can't see the library. Going to the library tab shows the Box folder so am not sure what to do to now make my library visible again. I am guessing that there was something in that config directory that I shouldn't have copied over.

Help please?

Thanks
Create-switch: use existing to point to the current library (path)

All that was wrong, was the path does not match

BTW Be vewwwy careful NOT to access the Library from Both computers at the same time.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:12 PM   #3
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Create-switch: use existing to point to the current library (path)

All that was wrong, was the path does not match

BTW Be vewwwy careful NOT to access the Library from Both computers at the same time.
Yup on the second part. Not sure about the first part. It seems to be working so far.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote