Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #316
Pon Farr
Pon Farr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 64gb Black
Thumbs down Instead of being an a$$

Instead of being an a$$ about it, why didn't you just say
"I don't know". instead of saying "It had to be released somewhere 1st"..
Then being an A$$ when I respond to your non answer.

My original question was short. People responded and didn't really answer my question, so fine. I posted again.

Fine. Nobody knows if/when the Kobo Arc 64gb will be released in the USA.
Way to represent the name of Kobo.. Hope Bilbo1967 works on their people skills classes
Pon Farr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #317
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Whatever - if you don't want to be pulled up for whining, don't whine. It's not rocket science.

I couldn't give a flying one about the name of Kobo - I have no idea why you think I would.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #318
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pon Farr View Post
Why can't we get this in the USA yet?
If there was a problem delaying production, then it shouldn't be released in Canada, UK, Australia, etc..
Nobody seems to know anything.
I need to know when I can get the 64gb arc in the United States
Like the Glo and Mini, Kobo are trying to keep the Arcs available to US customers from indie bookstores. I know for a fact that "Giovanni's Room" in Philly has all three capacities of the Arc (incl. 64GB) in stock and on the shelves. (215-923-2960). They are not selling it through their website.

(Although, all their display models seem to be with the white bezel).

I also happen to know that sales are slooooow, so they won't be around for long before being returned. If you can find a Kobo-affiliated indie store near you, you may be able to get it from them, but I think fewer booksellers became Arc stores than tried to beome Glo/Mini stores.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #319
Argee8
Argee8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 64
I recently turned on the wifi on my Arc while my router was down due to an unnoticed power failure then discovered when the router was on and connected, that while the Arc connected fine, none of the apps would connect to the internet. This situation necessitated a hard reset after which everything worked fine. However, I now find myself in the same situation. While the first reset was while the Arc was new and I had very little on it, I am loathe to reset now as I have a large amount of data loaded.
The Arc connects via wifi and reports that it's connected with a strong signal. The browser starts and reports webpage unavailable. The Email starts and reports that it's unable to connect with a server.
Any help please?
Argee8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:43 AM   #320
kumaryu
Zealot
kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo: Touch, Glo, Arc, Aura, Glo HD, Nexus7, nergy Pro HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee8 View Post
I recently turned on the wifi on my Arc while my router was down due to an unnoticed power failure then discovered when the router was on and connected, that while the Arc connected fine, none of the apps would connect to the internet. This situation necessitated a hard reset after which everything worked fine. However, I now find myself in the same situation. While the first reset was while the Arc was new and I had very little on it, I am loathe to reset now as I have a large amount of data loaded.
The Arc connects via wifi and reports that it's connected with a strong signal. The browser starts and reports webpage unavailable. The Email starts and reports that it's unable to connect with a server.
Any help please?
The symptoms you describe may be due to a disruption of the connection between your router and the Internet. If this is the case, your Arc will connect normally to the router via WiFi and indicate that the connection is up and healthy but your browser and email will not be able connect.

Sometimes it can take several minutes for the Internet connection to come up after a power outage. Unannounced or unexpected network outages are also possible. That there is a good connection between your device and the router does not necessarily mean that there's a connection to the Internet. Have you tried using any other device, such as PC/Mac or another tablet through the router while you were having these issues?

Last edited by kumaryu; 03-04-2013 at 02:48 AM.
kumaryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:23 AM   #321
Argee8

Two other laptops can connect wirelessly and two desktops can connect vis ethernet.

Whatever the problem is it's in the connection between the Arc's wireless connection and the apps installed that require that connection. If only I can figure out exactly what setting(s) have been disrupted.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:40 AM   #322
kumaryu
Zealot
kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry. What I meant to say was that your problems may have been due to a network outage between your router and the Internet.

Did you see if you were able to connect to Internet resources while you were having the issue with your Arc?

Android OS and apps are quite resilient against temporary network disruptions. In some cases, they may not be too responsive or verbose about it but its unlikely that permanent configuration changes are made as a result.

A "power off/restart" should bring it all back up the way it was before.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:08 AM   #323
Argee8

Thank you for your help, but no, a power off/restart does nothing to fix this.
Turn the Arc on, turn the wifi on, open browser from home screen and get a "webpage not available" In other words, the browser does not appear to recognise that the tablet is connected. Open email app and get "Couldn't open connection to server", again, it appears the app doesn't recognise there is a wireless connection.
It appears to be a setting that has been disrupted so that apps don't recognise the wifi connection. Very frustrating.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:16 AM   #324
kumaryu
Zealot

Apologies if I sound repetitive. The fact that WiFi is connected does not mean you have Internet.

Have you checked to see whether your other computers are able to access the internet? If all that's been checked, my apologies.

Also, its possible that your Arc is connected to a random open WiFi access point (not your own). Could you check to see whether the access point that the Arc is connected to is yours?
Old 03-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #325
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Check in the WiFi settings to see if it has allocated an IP number to your ARC, I have seen devices occasionally not get this (my Vox occasionally does after a restart)

If it does this, it will show connected but nothing will work
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #326
Argee8

FOUND IT - The Arc is not being allocated an IP address. How do we solve it Please?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #327
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee8 View Post
FOUND IT - The Arc is not being allocated an IP address. How do we solve it Please?
Perhaps long-pressing the network's wi-fi entry, choosing "Forget" (this being the important part), powering off then on (might not be necessary, but still probably best to get rid of any lingering memories it might have of the connection) and scanning & connecting again?
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #328
Pon Farr
Pon Farr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 64gb Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by oj829 View Post
Like the Glo and Mini, Kobo are trying to keep the Arcs available to US customers from indie bookstores. I know for a fact that "Giovanni's Room" in Philly has all three capacities of the Arc (incl. 64GB) in stock and on the shelves. (215-923-2960). They are not selling it through their website.

(Although, all their display models seem to be with the white bezel).

I also happen to know that sales are slooooow, so they won't be around for long before being returned. If you can find a Kobo-affiliated indie store near you, you may be able to get it from them, but I think fewer booksellers became Arc stores than tried to beome Glo/Mini stores.
Thanks... I will give up on Best Buy which says coming soon for the Kobo Arc..
And just start calling every Indie book store listed as selling it near me by the Kobo website.
Thank you OJ289 for being helpful :-)
Pon Farr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #329
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Some routers are set to have a limited number of IP addresses available. From a desktop try opening the routers configuration page and check out it's DHCP configuration.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #330
Argee8

SOLVED - My router has two SSID channels. I activated the second one and immediately the Arc established a link in the first connection and obtained an IP address.
Methinks perhaps there maybe a wee bug in the wifi system there.
Thanks to all who tried to help.