Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #226
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Finally I can download FictionPress books and not be forced to read online. Thank you so much!
Old 04-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #227
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
@Ajax - Glad you like it.
Advert
Old 04-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #228
Just M.E.
Just M.E. began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500
Problem with titles from Archive of Our Own fiction

I really love your plugin; it's made my fanfiction collecting so much easier! However I've run into a slight problem.

In the last few days, the Archive of Our Own website changed their layout to include different banners. Even though there is an option to hide the banner, whenever I use the plugin to grab a story, the title always comes up as 'Hide this banner', whether I am updating or getting a new story.

Is this something that can be changed in the plugin, or can you suggest a workaround other than editing every title manually?

Thanks in advance.

M.E.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #229
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Just M.E. - FFDL will need to be updated.

Can you test the attached version and make sure it works for your stories? I don't read Archive of Our Own much.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-22-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 04-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #230
Just M.E.
Just M.E. began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@Just M.E. - FFDL will need to be updated.

Can you test the attached version and make sure it works for your stories? I don't read Archive of Our Own much.
Perfect, Thank you so much!

M.E.
Advert
Old 04-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #231
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

v1.5.15 posted with changes:

Fix for 'Hide this banner' title issue on Archive of Our Own.
Changed implementation of fimfiction to use provided API, thanks to Althaine.

As usual, there may be a delay before calibre notices the new version. You can get the latest by going in and telling calibre to install it again.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-25-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: v1.5.15, not .19
Old 04-24-2012, 04:05 AM   #232
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
I have a story from a site that disagrees with my Kindle Touch. I have it set to download to mobi, but when I read to a location, it won't let me read further. Some of the text is superimposed on itself when I reach the part that won't let me advance. Any text after this point is not visible. This happens near location 525 (in chapter 6) on the Touch. I am using ver. 0.8.44 of calibre and the most current version of the plugin. The story works properly on the Touch if I reconvert it in calibre. I may have had a similar problem with another file from AO3.

Link to story: http://www.archiveofourown.org/works/299460

Thanks for the great software.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #233
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
That's exactly it - download it in epub - it is much superior to mobi in every single way. Mobi is... wonky and is not supported properly.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #234
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Regrettably, that's true. FFDL's mobi output is far less than stellar. I spent most of a week once trying to improve it and ended up with something worse than before.

I download to epub and convert to mobi for my own kindle and that's what I recommend for everyone.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #235
pookakitten
Connoisseur

Thanks for the heads up. I'll do that in the future.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #236
pookakitten
Connoisseur

Hey, some more AO3 wackiness. I'm using the latest version of both calibre and the plugin. The other AO3 stories I have work just fine. Just these 2 black sheep.

I've enclosed a screenshot with the error message and links that are acting up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	85717  
Old 04-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #237
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

v1.5.16 posted with change:

Fix for Yet Another numeric entity issue for pookakitten's problem.

As usual, there may be a delay before calibre notices the new version. You can get the latest by going in and telling calibre to install it again.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #238
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Generate Cover Integration Beta

Anybody interested testing a new feature? Namely, automatically calling Generate Cover(GC) on FFDL download/updates. I know somebody asked for it once.

There's a new config tab in FFDL for Generate Cover and three ways to set it up:
  1. Easiest: Select GC setting for 'Default' to use for all downloads/updates.
  2. Still Easy: Select different GC settings to use for different sites. Choose a Default to fall back to or now, as you please.
  3. Somewhat Hard: Define templates and regular expressions for different GC settings in personal.ini. Allows for GC setting by category or genre (or author, or whatever) across different sites, or with different settings per site.

By leaving FFDL's basic 'Update Cover' option on and using GC's '{Current Cover}' feature, you can also get GC to use a cover image from the story automatically.

Here's an example of the personal.ini config:
Spoiler:
Code:
## If you have the Generate Cover plugin installed, you can use the
## generate_cover_settings parameter to intelligently decide which GC
## setting to run.  There are three parts 1) a template of which
## metadata part(s) to look at, 2) a regular expression to match the
## template, and 3) the name of the GC setting to use, which must
## match exactly.
## Make sure to keep at least one space at the start of each line and
## to escape % to %%, if used.
## template => regexp to match => GC Setting to use.
generate_cover_settings:
 ${category} => Buffy:? [tT]he Vampire Slayer => BuffyCover
 ${category} => Star Trek => StarTrekCover

(Trying to do a GUI version of generate_cover_settings is a lot of work that I'm only going to invest if there's a lot of interest.)

(zip file removed after official release)

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-08-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 05-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #239
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
OOH! *happy dance* I'm so testing this!
Cheers!

---
Tested on FF.net stories, works a treat using Category.
Any way to get it to work via the "Character" part?

Last edited by Aleyst; 05-03-2012 at 03:01 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #240
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

v1.5.18 posted with new feature:
(1.5.17 skipped)

Automatically call Generate Cover(GC) on FFDL download/update.

There's a new config tab in FFDL for Generate Cover and three ways to set it up:
  1. Easiest: Select GC setting for 'Default' to use for all downloads/updates.
  2. Still Easy: Select different GC settings to use for different sites. Choose a Default to fall back to or now, as you please.
  3. Somewhat Hard: Define templates and regular expressions for different GC settings in personal.ini. Allows for GC setting by category or genre (or author, or whatever) across different sites, or with different settings per site.

By leaving FFDL's basic 'Update Cover' option on and using GC's '{Current Cover}' feature, you can also get GC to use a cover image from the story automatically.

Here's an example of the personal.ini config:
Spoiler:
Code:
## If you have the Generate Cover plugin installed, you can use the
## generate_cover_settings parameter to intelligently decide which GC
## setting to run.  There are three parts 1) a template of which
## metadata part(s) to look at, 2) a regular expression to match the
## template, and 3) the name of the GC setting to use, which must
## match exactly.  Use this parameter in [defaults], or by site eg,
## [www.ficwad.com]
## Make sure to keep at least one space at the start of each line and
## to escape % to %%, if used.
## template => regexp to match => GC Setting to use.
generate_cover_settings:
 ${category} => Buffy:? [tT]he Vampire Slayer => BuffyCover
 ${category} => Star Trek => StarTrekCover

(Trying to do a GUI version of generate_cover_settings is a lot of work that I'm only going to invest if there's a lot of interest.)

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-08-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Closed Thread