Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
tsogoo
tsogoo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Calibre Kindle paperwhite

hi guys i want to recieve artice from calibre and used Fetch news , which i looking for, but i stuck in 1%. after running 40minut, it in 1%. what am i doing wrong ?. this below is what i did
1.i inserted my kindle paperwhite email in
2.clicked Fetch News then chose the site
3.clicked schedule for download and days of week
4.then finally download now

or does it take a long time to download ?
tsogoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
tsogoo

im new here, so forgive me if this question is ridiculous.
also it is my first ereader , which is kind PW
Advert
Old 11-18-2014, 03:13 PM   #3
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Congrats! Hope you are enjoying it.

You might get a better answer here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166

I wish I could help you more. So many things can come into play. Luck!
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Since this is a question concerning calibre, this thread has been moved to the calibre forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:45 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsogoo View Post
...or does it take a long time to download ?
In my limited experience yes it does

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2014, 11:58 PM   #6
loganful
loganful can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueloganful can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueloganful can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueloganful can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueloganful can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueloganful can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueloganful can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueloganful can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueloganful can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueloganful can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueloganful can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: kindle ipad
Moderator Notice
Links Removed.

Please do not post links to sites selling pirated material

PeterT

Last edited by PeterT; 11-19-2014 at 12:12 AM.
loganful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:08 AM   #7
tsogoo

How much time approximately does fetch news takes ?
Old 11-24-2014, 04:06 AM   #8
nicolaus
nicolaus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
It varies depending on your internet connection, computer speed, website speed, number of articles in source, image download etc. For all the sources I read, it is about 5 to 10 minutes.
nicolaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
More than an instant

Scraping time of a news source varies all over the place,

Then the scrape results are hammered into a book format and possibly converted to a different Output format

nicolaus reason list is good
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote