Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
HaemishM
Author
HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Motorola Xoom
Thumbs up Under the Amoral Bridge: A Cyberpunk Novel

I'd like to introduce my debut cyberpunk novel to you. Titled Under the Amoral Bridge, it is set in near-future Los Angeles, a city ruled by the velvet-covered iron fist of the Chronosoft Corporation. Artemis Bridge is the go-to, know-who guy - the amoral fixer with the hookup for any illicit desire that can be imagined. If you need it, he can get it, no matter how illegal, depraved or immoral. He prides himself on a distant neutrality, untouched by the corruption he traffics. When a young hacker dies in his arms, he is enmeshed in a deadly conspiracy involving the upcoming mayoral election. With only days to the election, Bridge must avoid assassination while trying to sell a career-ending video of the mayor that can't be given away.

The book has gotten nothing but positive reviews so far. The latest is a 5-star review from SciFi Mafia.com. Heather at BookObsessed gave a mini-review that was also glowing, and Mihir at Fantasy Book Critics loved it as well.

The book is available on the Kindle at the links above as well as on Smashwords.com for only $.99 cents. Enjoy!
HaemishM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #2
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Wow, that looks cool. Thanks for sharing!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
HaemishM
Author
HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!

David Wisehart posted a great interview with me today about my cyberpunk novels on his Kindle Author blog:

http://kindle-author.blogspot.com/20...y-ballard.html
Old 08-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Read the first few sample chapters and it's looking right up my alley. I'll be buying the 2 book Bridge Chronicles at smashwords later tonight.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #5
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Oh my god. I think I just messed myself.

Gary, you're the man. I need to put this one on my shelf.

Seriously, I read the first two pages of your sample at Smashwords and got this big sh*t-eatting grin on my face.

I hate you right now. I've got more work to do on my stuff and now I just want to read Bridge.

Who did your cover? It's great.

Last edited by jaxx6166; 08-18-2010 at 09:27 PM.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:17 AM   #6
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Oh my god. I think I just messed myself.
Sounds like a perfect blurb for the next edition!

After purchase, I have read further and I am really digging this series.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
HaemishM
Author

Thanks for the purchase, Donnageddon!

As for the cover, I did it myself. The photo was taken with my Blackberry's camera, and then I Photoshopped the design. Thanks for the compliments! I'm a web site designer by day, and got an art degree in college, so I have some skills as a graphics designer. It's served me well in self-publishing. Glad you guys like my work.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #8
HaemishM
Author

David Alexander, author and owner of the InkSplashD blog, just gave an excellent review for Under the Amoral Bridge!

Quote:
I downloaded the ePub version of the file from Smashwords and shuttled it to the top of my TBR pile. That was like a week ago. Off and on, over the course of the next few days, I managed to finish all 51,000 words.

And let me tell you, I need Book 2. *The book was well written, dialog was sharp, and descriptions were pretty much on-point. Ballard doesn’t hit you over the head with pretty prose or pages upon pages of description. There’s nothing pretty in 2028 Los Angeles. His prose comes off sharp, the characters acerbic.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #9
HaemishM
Author

Red Adept Reviews, one of the more well-known Kindle eBook reviewers, just gave Under the Amoral Bridge a fantastic review! 4 3/4 stars overall! You can read the whole thing at http://redadeptreviews.com/?p=2994 but here's just one excerpt:

"Artemis, the main character, was really fun to read about. I loved his style. While I couldn’t agree with his politics, or lack thereof, or his moral reasonings, he still remained sympathetic in my eyes. He wasn’t particularly likable, yet I still found myself cheering him on."

The book is on sale in the Amazon Kindle store right now for only $.89 cents and the paperback is available for $10.80.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #10
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
*sigh* I've got enough crap to read....add another to the list! LOL. First book from somewhere other than a major publisher or Scott Sigler I've bought, seems really damn good!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #11
HaemishM
Author

Thanks for the purchase, I hope it lives up to your expectations!

I received another good review the other day, from A.F. Stewart, who writes in the Canada Sci-Fi Examiner:

Quote:
The characters are well-rounded, with the focal character neither heroic nor completely indifferent; he is just a guy trying to get himself out of a bad situation in one piece. Also, the author does do a splendid job of painting his future world, a gritty, dark place full of people turned jaded, corrupt or apathetic.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:43 AM   #12
geniodiabolico
geniodiabolico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
OK, sold. I just bought it for the Kindle. You had me at "velvet-covered iron fist".
geniodiabolico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #13
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Just bought the Chronicles version for NOOK, will add it to my ever-growing list of TBR. I figure, as of right now, I'm good through about March 2015 or so... damn you, smashwords!
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:39 PM   #14
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaemishM View Post
David Alexander, author and owner of the InkSplashD blog, just gave an excellent review for Under the Amoral Bridge!
You're welcome
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:47 AM   #15
HaemishM
Author

Fans of this science fiction series will be interested to know that I have some free, short fiction starring the main character of that series available on the web at The SciFried.com. The short story, called The New Transfer Protocol, takes place before Under the Amoral Bridge and is available here:

http://www.thescifried.com/features/...nsfer-protocol

There is also a compilation of the first two books in the series called The Bridge Chronicles, Books 1 & 2, available on the Kindle and in other formats on Smashwords.

Enjoy!

Tags
adventure, atmosphere, blog., contest, cyberpunk, expert opinions, fiction, food, free skin, fun, gelaskins, giveaways, grace elliot, horror, kindle promotion, mystery, near future, nook, nook color, odds, recipes, science fiction, scifi, speculative fiction, thriller ebook, toilets, transparent lovers, weather, why do you write