Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
Larksong
Larksong began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Changing book covers

I've just started to use Calibre with my Sony Reader. I've tried replacing the generic book covers on some of the book files with images of the real covers, which I've downloaded from the Internet into a file. My Calibre library shows the books with the "new" covers, but when I transfer the books to the Sony Reader, they show up with the cover they had when I downloaded the files. Is there a way that Calibre can change the cover within the book file, or am I out of luck?
Larksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you have to reconvert the files.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
Larksong
Larksong began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thank you! Some of them were already in ePub format to begin with. Do I "convert" from ePub to ePub?
Larksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes .
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
book cover, change cover image, cover art