Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Wifi connection on PB302

I've got the whole house running on Wifi (pc, laptop, both windows and linux, internet radio, pocketpc) so I think I normally manage to get the stuff going. But on the PB302 I keep getting "unknown error". Can anyone help, please?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
I've got the whole house running on Wifi (pc, laptop, both windows and linux, internet radio, pocketpc) so I think I normally manage to get the stuff going. But on the PB302 I keep getting "unknown error". Can anyone help, please?
Sure thing. Do you know on what level of security your router is based. Check the three security levels through, that helps most of the time.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My router is set to WPA2 (AES). I think I should use WPA-PSK on the PB302 in this case (WEP is definitely not the one, and WPA enterprise does not seem logical neither and gives the same error).
This does not seem to fix my problem, I'm afraid.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
My router is set to WPA2 (AES). I think I should use WPA-PSK on the PB302 in this case (WEP is definitely not the one, and WPA enterprise does not seem logical neither and gives the same error).
This does not seem to fix my problem, I'm afraid.
Please post your error message, then (the full one)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
adbosch
Addict

Here it is (I'm running FW 15.2, thanks for help on installing it):

[name=Pocket302]
[btpin=1234]
[enabled=2]
trying connection “Thuis”
connection type: wifi
[wifi.1.essid=Sitecom54BE7C]
[wifi.1.baudrate=115200]
[wifi.1.channel=1]
[wifi.1.security=3]
[wifi.1.key=*****]
[wifi.1.cacert=@cert_none]
[wifi.1.idle=5]
[wifi.1.network.ipconfig=0]
[wifi.1.network.ip=192.168.0.1]
[wifi.1.network.mask=255.255.255.0]
[wifi.1.network.gateway=24.132.37.1]
[wifi.1.network.dns1=213.46.228.196]
[wifi.1.network.dns2=62.179.104.196]
/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/wireless/gspi.ko
/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/wireless/gspi8xxx.ko helper_
name=/lib/firmware/helper_gspi.bin fw_name=/lib/firmware/
gspi8686.bin
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up
/sbin/iwconfig eth0 nickname “Pocket302”
/sbin/wpa_supplicant -Dwext -ieth0 -c/var/etc/wpa_
supplicant.conf -B
ioctl[SIOCSIWPMKSA]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWPMKSA]: Invalid argument
/sbin/iwconfig eth0 essid “Sitecom54BE7C”
/sbin/udhcpc -n
udhcpc (v1.12.2) started
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
No lease, failing
/bin/killall wpa_supplicant

Hope you can help. When I try to connect the device regularly freezes. (Freezing means that nothing gets it out of freezing, not even the reset hole in the back, which only works when not frozen; only solution being apparently to attach it to the PC with the USB-cable, which seems to force the reset when frozen).

Last edited by adbosch; 06-03-2010 at 03:12 AM.
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 03:03 AM   #6
adbosch
Addict

And if you have instructions on how to connect through BT. I have no idea what to fill in in the settings and where to get this info, but whatever I do, I get the same error message. Thanks.

Last edited by adbosch; 06-03-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:11 AM   #7
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
It look that u connect via DHCP to yout network. But when I see ur IP Adress Values they look pretty unlogical.

[wifi.1.network.ip=192.168.0.1] this seems to be the 302 IP address, but it looks like ur gateway address
[wifi.1.network.gateway=24.132.37.1] this look nonsens
[wifi.1.network.dns1=213.46.228.196] same here
[wifi.1.network.dns2=62.179.104.196] and here

Try setting them by hand and not using DHCP.

I do not have a 302 so just commenting what I see here in the thread. I can not test things out.

And is the WIFI channel ok ? It is set to channel 1. Thats the one of ur network, correct?

Last edited by Schnitzelbrain; 06-03-2010 at 03:14 AM.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:14 AM   #8
adbosch
Addict

I will check. But I just tested network at a free access point (fast food restaurant) and I did get a connection but the device froze immediately on the dialogue "Connection established succesfully". And with freezing I mean that even the reset button on the back is frozen (only way to reset is: connect tp pc through usb and press on/off button).
Edit: in order to get the thing again running it needs power (charge). I noticed fast discharging of the battery (but with my attempts at connectivity, etc. that might be expected); I also noted that when battery is (I guess) under 70% the screen seems to fade and the chances of a freeze increase a lot.

Last edited by adbosch; 06-03-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:29 AM   #9
adbosch
Addict

As far as I can see the address values were correctly taken from the router except channels: should be 11 (1 doesn't work here). How can I force the PB302 to use that channel?
Old 06-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #10
adbosch
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
It look that u connect via DHCP to yout network. But when I see ur IP Adress Values they look pretty unlogical.

[wifi.1.network.ip=192.168.0.1] this seems to be the 302 IP address, but it looks like ur gateway address
[wifi.1.network.gateway=24.132.37.1] this look nonsens
[wifi.1.network.dns1=213.46.228.196] same here
[wifi.1.network.dns2=62.179.104.196] and here

Try setting them by hand and not using DHCP.

I do not have a 302 so just commenting what I see here in the thread. I can not test things out.

And is the WIFI channel ok ? It is set to channel 1. Thats the one of ur network, correct?
Channel was definitely the cause, thanks. I can now connect and browse on the internet. BUT: only on external power; battery seems to be too weak if not fully (.80%) powered.

Last edited by adbosch; 06-03-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #11
Ternover
Enthusiast
Ternover began at the beginning.

Device: PB 302, IQ, Archos 70IT
I just received my Pocketbook 302 and am having the same problem with 15.2 firmware installed. I manually set my dhcp settings to try to remedy issue and this resulted in successful connection using 'test connection'. I still have no connection though when I try to go to RSS feeds or mini browser, all I get is 'no network connection' or a blank screen after 'downloading' message.

In looking at the details of my connection it shows the wireless using channel 1 whereas my network is currently using channel 6. I'm thinking this is probably the problem but am not seeing anywhere on the device that one can manually set the channel. I am hesitant to hard set my network router to a particular channel for one device....

I am curious as to what you did to remedy the wrong channel problem?

Last edited by Ternover; 06-06-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Ternover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #12
Ternover
Enthusiast

Question

Hello again.

Well I've tried several things to get my wifi to work but it's still not working. I'm still getting the same errors in connection:
ioctl[SIOCSIWPMKSA]: Invalid argument and than it tries to get a dhcp address and fails.

1. I updated the firmware to 15.2 June 1 release. Didn't help.
2. Tried hard setting my router to Channel 1 which the PB302 seems to be looking for. Didn't help.
3. Tried removing MAC address filtering on router. Didn't help.
4. Tried changing my linksys wrt601n v2 router to do g and b only. Didn't help.
5. Tried configuring a new wifi connection on PB302 both with dhcp and manual settings for ip address. Didn't help.
6. I triple checked my wpa key and it's correct. My router is doing both tkip and aes. Not helping.
7. Tried the manual dhcp settings again. Didn't help.

I'm out of ideas. Every other device on my wireless is working fine. The router has most recent firmware.

Anybody have any ideas what I can do to make this work?
Old 06-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #13
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ternover View Post
Hello again.

Well I've tried several things to get my wifi to work but it's still not working. I'm still getting the same errors in connection:
ioctl[SIOCSIWPMKSA]: Invalid argument and than it tries to get a dhcp address and fails.

1. I updated the firmware to 15.2 June 1 release. Didn't help.
2. Tried hard setting my router to Channel 1 which the PB302 seems to be looking for. Didn't help.
3. Tried removing MAC address filtering on router. Didn't help.
4. Tried changing my linksys wrt601n v2 router to do g and b only. Didn't help.
5. Tried configuring a new wifi connection on PB302 both with dhcp and manual settings for ip address. Didn't help.
6. I triple checked my wpa key and it's correct. My router is doing both tkip and aes. Not helping.
7. Tried the manual dhcp settings again. Didn't help.

I'm out of ideas. Every other device on my wireless is working fine. The router has most recent firmware.

Anybody have any ideas what I can do to make this work?
Is your router sending SSID open, sometimes WIFI devices do not like a hidden SSID. Even if u enter the SSID manually.

Ahh, and did u try with power cord connected to USB. adbosch mentioned PB needs the full power.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #14
Ternover
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
Is your router sending SSID open, sometimes WIFI devices do not like a hidden SSID. Even if u enter the SSID manually.

Ahh, and did u try with power cord connected to USB. adbosch mentioned PB needs the full power.
My SSID is not hidden and I just tried connecting while charging via USB. Still not working

I wonder if the length of the wpa key would have any effect. Mine is 33 characters long.....
Old 06-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #15
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie

Length could be an issue, I would try to get shorter. Try 32 for the beginning.
I have no 302 to test, I can only guess.