Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
MargaretLake
Enthusiast
MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Red face Love medieval English history? Love romance?

My first novel, Ariana's Pride, begins after the historic Battle of Barnet where Edward IV took the throne back from Henry IV. Ariana's Pride is available for Kindle and paperback from Amazon and other e-book formats at allromanceebooks.com.

It started with a battle for the throne in a place she never heard of. Before Ariana knew what happened, the outcome ripped her life apart. Alone, she ran from those who destroyed her home. Her only hope was to make her way to the elderly baron her father had chosen for her. But there was no way to reach him on her own; no one to turn to.

One of her father’s grooms finds her unconscious and shivering with fever. Jeremy has no desire to help this proud, arrogant noblewoman. Even though she had scorned him earlier, he cannon leave her to die. He nurses her back to health, only to find himself scorned once again. He will help her to get to the baron and leave her behind to seek his own fortune.

They both know that they have started on a dark and dangerous journey. What they do not know is that the darkest of dangers will come from their own passions.

Jeremy holds the secret that will make this once proud beauty his, but he wants Ariana to love him for himself.

My latest novel is Catherine and the Captain just launched this week. It begins with the death of Edward IV and spans the reign of Richard III. Lots more history in this one since Richard III's reign was very eventful, to say the least. For the moment, the book is only available in Kindle format from Amazon. The paperback will be available in a couple of weeks and should be available in other e-book formats soon.

The King is dead; Long live the King

Catherine Neville has o idea what these events will mean to her. Though of the nobility herself, she lives under the thumb of her cousin, the Duchess of Gloucester. Until Captain Kyle Fallon reminds her that she once led a very different life. She fears him as the man who shattered her secure world so many years ago, but is her memory of those events playing her false?

Captain Fallon does not recognize her as the young girl who changed the course of his life. All he sees is a beautiful woman ensnared by the tyranny of the weak. All he wants is to show Catherine that she doesn't have to give in to her demanding cousin. He didn't count on being ensnared himself by her kind and caring nature.

When the Duchess becomes Queen, Catherine is drawn into a web of political and personal intrigue. Can Fallon rescue Catherin in time? Or will she throw herself into danger by choosing duty and honor over love.
MargaretLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
MargaretLake
Enthusiast
MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Might help if I put in links.

Ariana's Pride

http://www.amazon.com/Arianas-Pride-...1472886&sr=1-1

http://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html

Catherine and the Captain

http://www.amazon.com/Catherine-and-...1472943&sr=1-1
Old 04-17-2010, 05:02 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Could you make this book available on Smashwords? That'll save everyone outside the US $2 per book, which you won't get any off, anyway..

lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
Elvira
Enthusiast
Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Sounds like a great novel. Good luck with it!
Elvira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #5
MargaretLake
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Could you make this book available on Smashwords? That'll save everyone outside the US $2 per book, which you won't get any off, anyway..

I hadn't thought of that advantage. Yes, it's on my very long list of things to do, but I'll bump it up. I'm formatting the paperback for C&C and then I'll get them both on Smashwords.

I'll let you know as soon as it's done.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
MargaretLake
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
Sounds like a great novel. Good luck with it!
Thanks. AP has done very well and C&C has gotten off to a good start.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:01 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretLake View Post
I hadn't thought of that advantage. Yes, it's on my very long list of things to do, but I'll bump it up. I'm formatting the paperback for C&C and then I'll get them both on Smashwords.

I'll let you know as soon as it's done.

I'm sure Smashwords does the formatting for you. You just need to submit the .doc file - I think..
Old 04-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
MargaretLake
Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm sure Smashwords does the formatting for you. You just need to submit the .doc file - I think..
I'm just about finished getting C&C ready for pb, so I'll be checking on Smashwords tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #9
lene1949
Wizard

Can't wait...
Old 04-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #10
MargaretLake
Enthusiast

Quote:
Can't wait...
Still working on the Smashwords formatting. I'll get there.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #11
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretLake View Post
My first novel, Ariana's Pride, begins after the historic Battle of Barnet where Edward IV took the throne back from Henry IV. Ariana's Pride is available for Kindle and paperback from Amazon and other e-book formats at allromanceebooks.com.
I bought both books.

As I always say when I get books and I see it, "Thank you for enabling Text to Speech".

I look forward to reading them.

Gwen
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:10 AM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:

You could get the Mobi version from All Romance (as long as it isn't DRM'd)...
http://www.allromanceebooks.com/prod...17706-161.html

Margaret, are your books DRM'd at Amazon or All Romance?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote