Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #1
tarifelagund
tarifelagund began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Frozen PRS-505

Hi,

My PRS-505 is frozen and I'm in the middle of a wildly exciting book!!

Anyway, yesterday I had charged it for about 30-45 mins when I noticed that it was at 2 bar and when I unplugged it from the wall charger it was at full bar.

I read my book for awhile and went to bed, but this morning when I looked at my reader it was at the front page and it wouldn't move. The book shown on the Continue Reading tab was also wrong and not the one I was reading.

I've tried the soft re-set and the page still remains frozen and did not even blank out.

I also tried plugging it into my laptop with the usb, but the laptop would not detect it.

Help!
tarifelagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Try charging from the wall again to make sure it really has a full charge. Did you have the MP3 player on? Did you make sure it was off before setting it down? Had you loaded any new books?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2009, 12:13 AM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
While it's possible you need to do a hard reset, I'd suggest charging it overnight with the wall charger - NOT the USB - and see if the screen will change.

I believe I've read that when the Reader fully drains, the USB isn't powerful enough to fully charge it up again.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:20 AM   #4
tarifelagund
tarifelagund began at the beginning.

The reader is now fully-charged but still not moving.
tarifelagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:23 AM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarifelagund View Post
The reader is now fully-charged but still not moving.
Fully charged from the wall? and had you recently loaded any new books?

The below link is to another thread that I responded to about a frozen reader... it has additional links to help ideas...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49735
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #6
Wudelfin
Wudelfin began at the beginning.

It may be a file issue. Sometime when uploading files a file will duplicate itself with a unrecognized file ending. I had a similar issue. My reader kept restarting. At first I reset the device, of course it didn't work. Then I plugged it into the computer the 1st attempt it didn't register. (About this time it was restarting for about 2 hours.) 3rd attempt (just before it restarted) I was able to see my files. This morning I uploaded some music. The new set had a file ending in mp3.TMP. Deleted the imposter, disaster averted.
Wudelfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
This thread just might help:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21337
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote