Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 03:10 AM   #1
unrequited
Zealot
unrequited doesn't litterunrequited doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 DX
Any way to increase max connections (jobs) >2?

I have 24 jobs, and only two seem to work at any one time. Even the ones at 100% are busy processing before the others start downloading. Is there a way to increase the limit say, up to 5, or even 10?
unrequited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The limit is decided by the number of processor cores you have on your computer. The download jobs typically spawn 5 threads to do the downloading, so there isn't much point increasing the limit
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2009, 03:23 AM   #3
unrequited
Zealot
unrequited doesn't litterunrequited doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 DX
Thanks for the quick and late-night response. Amazing program (just hooked it up to my Kindle 2)!

I'm just impatient because I just added 24 RSS feeds and wanna see how they look but they're downloading slowly... no worries for the future as you've made it completely set-it-and-forget-it!

Again, thanks for the explaination and thanks for the hard work!
unrequited is offline   Reply With Quote