Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #76
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you tried doing a factory reset with the new card in? I'm quiote suprised that you have the serial # if you have done one.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #77
mikydo
mikydo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Yes, it's the first thing I've done after mounting the microSD in my device.

Then I've synchronized with kobo desktop and upgrade the firmware to 2.6.1

It works very good.

But my serial number is changed (is the same of my friend's device)
Advert
Old 07-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #78
met67
Connoisseur
met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikydo View Post
I read that I need to edit .Kobo/version file with an hex software (from offset 200).
But offset, in my file, is only until 60...

Second question: Have I edit the serial before inserting microSd, or also when Kobo is on and connected to PC? I try to edit in this way, but serial is always my friend's version...
Your friend serial number is in the first, unpartitioned, space of the SD, not in a file. You need an Hex editor that can open devices (maybe HxD can do this...) and edit at offset 0x200
Old 07-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #79
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by met67 View Post
Your friend serial number is in the first, unpartitioned, space of the SD, not in a file. You need an Hex editor that can open devices (maybe HxD can do this...) and edit at offset 0x200
Also, do a search and replace as it appears in several places. The clone/"whole disk" process of the SD image file is what preserves the other SN.

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #80
mikydo
mikydo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thank met67, thank Ken!

Now is ok!
Advert
Old 08-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #81
t4ppo
t4ppo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
hi just joined i have a kobo touch and i need the image file for the internal sd please! my model is a n905c Cheers in advance
Old 08-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #82
frankenhooker
frankenhooker has a spectacular aura aboutfrankenhooker has a spectacular aura aboutfrankenhooker has a spectacular aura aboutfrankenhooker has a spectacular aura aboutfrankenhooker has a spectacular aura aboutfrankenhooker has a spectacular aura aboutfrankenhooker has a spectacular aura aboutfrankenhooker has a spectacular aura aboutfrankenhooker has a spectacular aura aboutfrankenhooker has a spectacular aura aboutfrankenhooker has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4ppo View Post
hi just joined i have a kobo touch and i need the image file for the internal sd please! my model is a n905c Cheers in advance
Check PMs.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #83
t4ppo

Thanks, i Have now copied this image using win32 disk manager to my sd card and tried to boot up the device but now i am not getting any indicator lights whatsoever tried all the rec#sets etc and nothing :/ any ideas? Cheers
Old 08-15-2013, 03:44 AM   #84
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur
jvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch KBN905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4ppo View Post
Check your P.M.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #85
bubulache
bubulache began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905
Could anybody help me with an image for N905?

Hello

I have bricked my Kobo Touch N905 (the first, not B or C). I understand it can boot somehow from the external sd. Does anybody have an image for the irst kobo touch?

Thanx
Old 08-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #86
t4ppo

riht ive now managed to put another image on as sent to me by jvolbrecht and i added the firmware file in the .kobo file, tried resetting my kobo i can reset it but just get a flashing blue light, ??/
Old 08-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #87
tommyk
tommyk began at the beginning.

Hello,
I also destroyed the internal SD with the wrong firmware.
Can anyone send me the image?
I got the kobo touch N905C.
Thanks
Tom
Old 08-27-2013, 02:24 AM   #88
joe.miller
joe.miller began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hi Jacques,

may i ask you to give me the virgin image too?

My kobo stuck at the "restoring" state after downgrading to a more stable version of the firmware. It seems to be a "N905B".

Thx a lot in advance!
Old 08-27-2013, 02:40 AM   #89
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur
jvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch KBN905C
Hi joe.miller,

Unfortunately, I can't help you. Mine is a N905C model. It doesn't fit with yours.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:16 AM   #90
joe.miller
joe.miller began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hi Jacpues,

sorry, I made a type error. It has to be "C". My device looks also exactly like that one, you described on page one the first page (picture) with a SD-card.
Closed Thread