Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #16
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
The PW still uses the mx50?
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #17
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You are now connected to XXXX from Amazon.com.
My name is XXXX , I'll be happy to help you today.
Are you referring to Kindle paperwhite, Aditya?
Me:Yes
XXXX:Just a moment while I get that information for you.
Thanks for waiting, Aditya.
Kindle paperwhite uses Linux processor.
Me:No, that is the os. I mean, the processor. The touch had a freescale i.mx508
XXXX:I'm sorry, currently, I'm not having that information, Aditya.I will make a follow-up for this inquiry and get back you with the correct information.
Apparently, they will get back to me in 1-2 business days.
Advert
Old 03-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #18
aditya3098
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
Apparently, they will get back to me in 1-2 business days.
I didn't ask the ram, as I was worried:
XXXX: Thanks for waiting, Aditya.
The kindle has java ram

I'm not blaming the CS, rather the guys who train them. They ought to prepare their CS for everyone from n00b to geek.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #19
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
[root@kindle bin]# cat /proc/cpuinfo

Touch... What you got?
Quote:
Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 159.90
Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x2
CPU part : 0xc08
CPU revision : 5
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #20
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
The PW still uses the mx50?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2249190
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #21
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For the insanely lazy... here is a précised quote of what that says... Yes identical

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Code:
root@kindle us]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor	: ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
BogoMIPS	: 159.90
Features	: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant	: 0x2
CPU part	: 0xc08
CPU revision	: 5
[root@kindle us]# 
Old 03-13-2013, 08:46 AM   #22
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Just a hint for those using the "rescue pack": There's a fixed version. Update HIGHLY recommended.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #23
twobob

You should shift it to the top post.. Oh super-powered one... just saying.

also... so no uninstaller required... right?

Last edited by twobob; 03-13-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #24
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
You should shift it to the top post.. Oh super-powered one... just saying.

also... so no uninstaller required... right?
Nope, no uninstaller, because there's no reason for one.

Last edited by ixtab; 03-13-2013 at 09:16 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #25
sebarkh
sebarkh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi,

Is there a way to get to the system in my case: my PW hangs on the loading screen (a tree with a boy reading a book and the rolling indicator below), my PC (Win8) reconizes the deviveas a simple usb device, but no access to files. I have the rescue pack installed, so maybe there is some way to actualy see what happenes on the device, access folders....
sebarkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #26
twobob

sounds bricked.

did you install the rescue pack FIRST...

drop an ENABLE_DIAGS (no suffix, blank file) file on the root (FAT - when you mount it by USB) and off you go fixing.

Otherwise : (

Sad story time.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:22 AM   #27
sebarkh
sebarkh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Yes, it was installed. But no way to drop any file to file system, because although the drive is showing up in the list on PC, the Properties of the drive shows zero size, so I canot access the filesystem.
Or maybe there is some way...
sebarkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #28
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebarkh View Post
Yes, it was installed. But no way to drop any file to file system, because although the drive is showing up in the list on PC, the Properties of the drive shows zero size, so I canot access the filesystem.
Or maybe there is some way...
Standard answer: Re-charge the battery.
Use a wall charger for at least 20 hours.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #29
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
FYI
if you install the rescue pack it appears you'll need to reinstall your screensaver hack if you have one.
Not sure why, but that's what's happened for me.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:54 AM   #30
twobob

You could either use kindle tool to extract the sources and find out why or perhaps Ixtab can shed some light on that.

Attempting to think how they might be linked... "I got nothing"