Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #61
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
While not ``dark'' per se (it's high fantasy of the highest caliber), C.J. Cherryh's Ealdwood duology (The Dreamstone and The Tree of Swords and Jewels) had such a depressing feel in its original version that the author re-wrote the ending in subsequent printings.

Not sure how I feel about that --- I found the originals _very_ moving (but haven't been able to bring myself to re-read them)
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote