Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
mischko
mischko began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to adjust table spacing/lines in Calibre conversion?

I just did my first conversion with Calibre from Open Office doc to mobi for my kindle. It went very well but the tables now show up as double-spaced text in Kindle with no borders. How do I adjust this? I turned on debugging so I've got all the intermediate output.

Can I change stuff in Open Office or do I need to tweak stuff in the middle of the process and import it as HTML?

Thanks!
mischko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
Bob-El
Silent but deadly...
Bob-El began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, FBReader
I, too, would like to know how to convert documents with tables. The column widths always get changed.
Bob-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The MOBI format has very limited support for tables. Dont expect to have a good experience converting tables to MOBI.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
Bob-El
Silent but deadly...

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. Calibre is an excellent piece of software and I know you spend a lot of time supporting and improving it and I thank you for that.

But why does it behave that way it does with tables? I set up my word processor for a document width of 3". In my latest table conversion attempt I created a 3" wide table with three 1" columns. Why can't Calibre recognize that and maintain the column widths?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The MOBI format has very limited support for tables. Dont expect to have a good experience converting tables to MOBI.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
Bob-El
Silent but deadly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Well then, I guess I'm barking up the wrong tree, so to speak. I should be complaining to Amazon.