Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #1
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
"Waterproof" transparent pouch for Reader for cca $4

I want to take my Reader for holiday. So I was looking for something that would protect it from sand or dripping water. You know the situation. You are on the beach, in the shadow reading a book and somebody passes by, dripping water and scattering wet sand around.

I went shopping to the local Tesco supermarket and look what I found. For $4 you get two pouches. One for a mobile phone (10x15cm) and another for Reader (15x25cm).

Just the perfect fit for the Reader with the standard cover atached. I can even switch the Reader on while it is in the pouch. It is much, much sturdier and more "waterproof" than an ordinary ziplock bag. It has two zippers ala ziplock and the opening end folds several times. The fold is held in place by a welcro strip. I would not take my reader for a swim in this bag, but as a protection from sand and dripping family members and/or pets it is great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00157.JPG
Views:	712
Size:	741.5 KB
ID:	4996   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00158.JPG
Views:	715
Size:	883.1 KB
ID:	4997   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00159.JPG
Views:	679
Size:	650.5 KB
ID:	4998   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00160.JPG
Views:	644
Size:	885.9 KB
ID:	4999  
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
An excellent find!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2007, 09:05 AM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Finally! A safer way to read in the tub.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:57 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
OMG! A Sony with the original looking interface. It just looks so odd now after having the new icons, the clock, the smaller menu text, & the page count.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:36 PM   #5
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
What a tease! Tesco is a UK store!
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2007, 03:15 AM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
The pouch is just water resistent not watreproof? You should not take it bathing with your reader in it.

Last edited by tribble; 08-22-2007 at 10:27 AM. Reason: saw the description on the package.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:34 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I want to take my Reader for holiday. So I was looking for something that would protect it from sand or dripping water. You know the situation. You are on the beach, in the shadow reading a book and somebody passes by, dripping water and scattering wet sand around.
I wish I had had one of these when I spent my last holidays on the beach. I am sure there is still some sand left in my Reader. CRUNCH CRUNCH.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:35 AM   #8
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I wish I had had one of these when I spent my last holidays on the beach. I am sure there is still some sand left in my Reader. CRUNCH CRUNCH.
Yeah maybe but we wouldn't have had those nice pictures of it you brought us to play around with on Photoshop.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:50 PM   #9
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
You know the situation. You are on the beach, in the shadow reading a book and somebody passes by, dripping water and scattering wet sand around.
I had that problem when I was a 97 pound weakling, but then I took the Charles Atlas course, and nobody does it to me any more!
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #10
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
I had that problem when I was a 97 pound weakling, but then I took the Charles Atlas course, and nobody does it to me any more!
But look what avatar you chose! It is OK. Cats are my favorite.
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote